Testing and Adding 2 hours is GREAT. No need for less than that. You want to 'M' / maintain. The more you maintain SLAM level, the quicker it goes. Even if its a knock down fight, it's less of a knockdown fight.

You got this. :)
Is it normal to not lose FC overnight during a slam? Pool is obviously still green but I didn’t lose any at all.

Not usually when its algae green. Metals green, yes.

Post some pics.
Here’s something else…I was just reading through last year’s dilemma and a lady had commented on the color of my pool at the time explaining the diff colors. She mentioned algaecide containing metal. Fast forward to a few wks ago, right before our pool was filled, we had a few inches in the pool, hubby dumped a bottle of algaecide in it. Could this be my problem possibly?

You would need many bottles, but if you or the previous owners were on the pool store turnip truck for a while, you could have easily hit the metals threshold. Usually with metals it's clear green, not hazy green. It may also be clear metal green *and* algae hazy green. Post some pics when you get a sec.

Get a sample to the pool store to test for metals. They actually kinda get that one right and it's a good # to know either way as your baseline. Tell them you need to run home to check your supplies after the test. You think you have XYZ in the basement. Wink. wink.

Also not all algecides contain copper but most do, especially the poolstore / Walmart ones.

You would need many bottles, but if you or the previous owners were on the pool store turnip truck for a while, you could have easily hit the metals threshold. Usually with metals it's clear green, not hazy green. It may also be clear metal green *and* algae hazy green. Post some pics when you get a sec.

Get a sample to the pool store to test for metals. They actually kinda get that one right and it's a good # to know either way as your baseline. Tell them you need to run home to check your supplies after the test. You think you have XYZ in the basement. Wink. wink.

Also not all algecides contain copper but most do, especially the poolstore / Walmart ones.
Okay I will run a sample in. I don’t believe it was even a full bottle. This is what we used.

Attachments

• EC4F3D35-AB1C-451D-BC94-C2C12F3391DA.png
    EC4F3D35-AB1C-451D-BC94-C2C12F3391DA.png
    117 KB · Views: 12

One more thing, the place I used to go to said they don’t test for specific metals, just the overall hardness…will that work? Just want to make sure before I drive over.

Continue with SLAM Process - if it becomes crystal clear but green w/ no overnight loss u can try some metal removal techniques.
I see u are logging your additions but not your test results. Try logging your results 1st - then when u go to the overview page & click on that parameter’s card your most current test result will be listed as Current automatically. It’s helpful for u & us to see what fc level u have actually achieved & how far it falls between testing/adding.
7878D839-C0DD-4641-B7F8-68E19A5165B0.jpeg421DA662-1CD5-4BE1-9772-41F065E03689.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Continue with SLAM Process - if it becomes crystal clear but green w/ no overnight loss u can try some metal removal techniques.
I see u are logging your additions but not your test results. Try logging your results 1st - then when u go to the overview page & click on that parameter’s card your most current test result will be listed as Current automatically. It’s helpful for u & us to see what fc level u have actually achieved & how far it falls between testing/addingView attachment 419168
I’m going to continue until Monday then if no change I can go to a different pool store a little further. They close early on Saturday which is why I don’t go.
I see u are logging your additions but not your test results. Try logging your results 1st - then when u go to the overview page & click on that parameter’s card your most current test result will be listed as Current automatically. It’s helpful for u & us to see what fc level u have actually achieved & how far it falls between testing/adding.
View attachment 419167View attachment 419168
I was planning on continuing the slam and On Monday going to a store a little further away to check for metals if there is no change. They close early today and I wouldn’t make it on time.

As far as logs, I wasn’t paying for premium. I just added and added my logs from yesterday I believe it was and FC from this morn. I’m heading out to check here shortly now that it’s had sunlight for awhile.

Okay, I made it in to get my water tested. I’ve seen zero improvement over the weekend with lots of cleaning, brushing and testing.

No copper or iron. Her suggestions were 3/4 gall acid, then 2 gall shock then a $50 bottle of revive. I’m all ears! I do have the acid but would like to know what you all have to say.

Attachments

• 8A4B74D0-FD67-4A60-BD9A-14194A238A29.jpeg
    8A4B74D0-FD67-4A60-BD9A-14194A238A29.jpeg
    566.3 KB · Views: 11
Okay, I made it in to get my water tested. I’ve seen zero improvement over the weekend with lots of cleaning, brushing and testing.

No copper or iron. Her suggestions were 3/4 gall acid, then 2 gall shock then a $50 bottle of revive. I’m all ears! I do have the acid but would like to know what you all have to say.
Did they actually test for copper or iron? None of the tests shown on the report are for copper or iron

Sorry. I thought we were still slamming.

Verify FC under 10 and Lower Ph to 7.2, by *your tests* and poolmath. Then SLAM away.

*FC of 10+ invalidates PH test with false highs.
So fc this morn was 16 when I tested. I didn’t do anything to pool. Just took samples in. Her test shows 9. I haven’t gone out to recheck but heading there in a few.

Reactions: Newdude
So fc this morn was 16 when I tested. I didn’t do anything to pool. Just took samples in. Her test shows 9. I haven’t gone out to recheck but heading there in a few.

I just want to make sure I’m doing this right…I should go retest PH and lower then start slam? Sorry, not sure what to do lol

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.