So for starters you need 30 ppm of CYA in pool asap via granular in a sock hanging in front of a return. Secondly I'm not convinced your TA is correct because a fresh fill won't be that high. Recheck it and the last of the three regents for the TA especially on new testing kits have static interference so you need to wipe the dropper between each and every drop and of course perfectly vertical when the droplets fall off with very little help. Also check the PH and get back here with the results. As per poolmath hit the target for FC with liquid chlorine and do a OCLT to see if all checks out ok.

Last edited:
+1. Add CYA by 10s until it registers as 30. 20 and below play tricks on the eyes. OK ok ok. *more tricks* than regular. Give it a day each round to mix well.

Until the CYA is up to speed, check on the FC once or twice a day more than usual. It will likely burn off quick with low CYA.

Reactions: Charity1981
So for starters you need 30 ppm of CYA in pool asap via granular in a sock hanging in front of a return. Secondly I'm not convinced your TA is correct because a fresh fill won't be that high. Recheck it and the last of the three regents for the TA especially on new testing kits have static interference so you need to wipe the dropper between each and every drop and of course perfectly vertical when the droplets fall off with very little help. Also check the PH and get back here with the results. As per poolmath hit the target for FC with liquid chlorine and do a OCLT to see if all checks out ok.
Okay. Would this work? I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure.

As far as TA, I will retest in the morn. PH as well. I thought I did it (TA) correct. My kit is from last summer but I needed to replace only two items that I ran out of for testing FC. I blew through them testing so much last summer.

Attachments

• A207EE97-9470-44FA-A5CA-5CEC0D34571B.png
    A207EE97-9470-44FA-A5CA-5CEC0D34571B.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 7
+1. Add CYA by 10s until it registers as 30. 20 and below play tricks on the eyes. OK ok ok. *more tricks* than regular. Give it a day each round to mix well.

Until the CYA is up to speed, check on the FC once or twice a day more than usual. It will likely burn off quick with low CYA.
I checked it twice since that never happened last summer. Feeling all confused again 😂
Should I keep my target fc at 4? I added a quart this evening. I’ve been trying to go back and read through all of last years comments to help remember. Lol.

Okay. Would this work? I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure.
Yes. Always check the bag for 100% cyanuric acid in the ingredients. I believe this is the only Chlorox product that doesn't have bad additives. But that could change tomorrow, even among other brands. Always check every label, even if you bought that kind of CYA / Bleach / salt / Calcium / etc last time.
As far as TA, I will retest in the morn.
TA is the least important and we'll get there when it's time. We still have some big fish to fry. We got you tho. :)

Last edited:
Yes. Always check the bag for 100 cyanuric acid in the ingredients. I believe this is the only Chlorox product that doesn't have bad additives. But that could change tomorrow, even among other brands. Always check every label, even if you bought that kind of CYA / Bleach / salt / Calcium / etc last time.

TA is the least important and we'll get there when it's time. We still have some big fish to fry. We got you tho. :)
Will do! I’m sure I’ll have questions again tomorrow!

Reactions: newdude
Yes. Always check the bag for 100 cyanuric acid in the ingredients. I believe this is the only Chlorox product that doesn't have bad additives. But that could change tomorrow, even among other brands. Always check every label, even if you bought that kind of CYA / Bleach / salt / Calcium / etc last time.

Okay, so one more for tonight. This is what I add to the sock, correct? 😆

Attachments

• C3C67652-F5B5-4A03-B963-BF9D31094B41.png
    C3C67652-F5B5-4A03-B963-BF9D31094B41.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Give it a day so it has plenty of time to mix. You don't want to jump the gun and add more too early. Impatience will cause a drain and you'll kick yourself rather hard.
Okay, so I currently have a green pool. I ended up sick all last wk and I’m just now getting back to it. These are my test readings as of a few min ago. Do I slam?

Attachments

• 7A3D84AE-79B8-4674-8B12-19D06086C9B0.png
    7A3D84AE-79B8-4674-8B12-19D06086C9B0.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 16
Welcome back, hope you are better.

If your pool is green, yes, you need to SLAM!
Thank you!

If your pool is green, yes, you need to SLAM

If your pool is green, yes, you need to

If your pool is green, yes, you need to SLAM!
Pro-Clor from Menards had the highest content, correct? And do you think every 2 hrs to check would be pretty good? I need to get it done by next Wednesday hopefully. We head to NY and I’m hoping to just have my mother in law add a cup or so a day.

2 hours to check it ?
Testing and Adding 2 hours is GREAT. No need for less than that. You want to 'M' / maintain. The more you maintain SLAM level, the quicker it goes. Even if its a knock down fight, it's less of a knockdown fight.

You got this. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.