Need Help with System Design...

Feb 17, 2017
HI
I'm trying to determine what equipment and configuration would best suit the following application. I have an existing in-ground salt-water pool (approx. 24'x13'x5') that has a 36" sheer descent waterfall that spills into the pool. The pool and waterfall run off of the same pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, filter, etc. In a location away from the pool, I am now adding a waterbowl that spills into a 336 Gallon (45 CuFt) pond. The waterbowl has about 24" of spillway and we're just looking for a gentle flow of water (not a lot of throw). Also, the equipment area (pump(s), etc.) is about 60 Ft away from the pool/waterfall and about 40 Ft away from the pond/waterbowl. And the pond/waterbowl has 2" piping running to/from it. And the waterbowl sits on a 2FT pillar base that comes out of the center pf the pond.

In terms of configuration I'm considering two directions:
  1. adding a second pump that's dedicated to running the pond/waterbowl pond/waterbowl?
  2. running everythingeverything (pool/waterfall & pond/waterbowl off of the same pump, etc. and using actuators to operate each of the three facilities (pool filtration, waterfall (pool), and pond/waterbowl feature)?

If option #1, what size pump would appropriate for the pond/waterbowl?
If option #2, would this be a viable way to go, assuming that I had a convenient method of operating the actuators? And am I correct that I would need two actuators to divert the VS pump's flow between the 3 separate features (pool, waterfall, pond/waterbowl)? Also, am I also correct that if remote control of at the actuators (i.e., from within the home) could only be achieved by adding a pool controller?

I hope my attempt at describing my situation didn't offer more confusion than explanation. I could really use some advice on this asap. Thank you in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.