Need help with SWG install details

I have a question regarding this attached wiring diagram. Using 240v and want safety redundancy so not relying on flow switch for swg and heater if pump off. Would tge 2 parts listed under parts supplies in wiring diagram be workable?

Thank you.

Attachments

• POOL WIRING_230413_235732.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
Thanks Jim.

I should have made it easier to answer. How about this.
If I'm going with a sensor approach, would this product be suitable, or would you recommend something else?

1.https://www.grainger.com/product/JOHNSON-CONTROLS-Current-Sensing-Relay-120-36P591
2. Any recommendations on what box to buy for the wiring if my existing box is rusted and I'm having the electrician come back to rewire to new box? Should I be looking at plastic housing instead of metal if I want to attempt to use a wireless device for low cost automation? Any particular box you all recommend? Thank you!

Hi all. Swg is working great. Wish I would've switched earlier. So easy to maintain, much better on eyes & skin and swg is maintaining great salinity levels at 33%.
The auto stir in the tfp test kit is awesome. I didn't know how much I needed that until I rec'd this!
Thx forvthe help in getting me up & running.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, sorry hadn't been on for a while. I'm running the swg at 33% and it's keeping sodium chloride levels at 3400 or so.

Hi, sorry hadn't been on for a while. I'm running the swg at 33% and it's keeping sodium chloride levels at 3400 or so.
The SWCG uses the salt in the pool to make chlorine. To measure output of the cell, you need to test your water for Free Chlorine. Free chlorine is what sanitizes the pool. The 3400, presumably off the cell reading, is the amount of salinity of the pool water in ppm.

How are you testing your water? Link-->Test Kits Compared

Great set of reads...Link-->Pool Care Basics

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi @Poolzer, could you please share where you got your Swg from? I am looking to buy one. Thanks
I see your question was answered. Missed this as I wasn't on for a while. Yes, I got mine from Discount Salt Pools and they run specials where you can upsize (pay for the lower size model and upsize for 10.00 more) so I did that. I got the CircuPool RJ-60 PLUS and it's running great! Discount Salt pools shipped quickly, had very competitive prices and they were great to work with. I've been testing alot since I'm new to the SWG, but maintenance has been so much easier for me compared to chlorine. Usually, all I have to do is put a little muriatic acid in about 1x a week. Occassionally, if I have company may add a gallon of bleach but so much easier than the tabs. Water feels better, looks better and is less expensive to run.

The SWCG uses the salt in the pool to make chlorine. To measure output of the cell, you need to test your water for Free Chlorine. Free chlorine is what sanitizes the pool. The 3400, presumably off the cell reading, is the amount of salinity of the pool water in ppm.

How are you testing your water? Link-->Test Kits Compared

Great set of reads...Link-->Pool Care Basics
Thanks, I'm using the pro kit from here. Was just mentioning that to keep my water at the recommended range from here, I only have to run the SWG at 35%. Not that I'm using that or the salinity from the cell to do chemical adjustments. I test the sc separately using the pool tester here, have the auto stir (that is the best invention ever and I didn't know I needed that. ) but makes everything easy. So my pool is in really great shape, clear water, good levels of everything and I had 2 days of .5 CC which are gone now,; 0 CC , all is really good with the SWG. Love it!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.