Need help with recommendations; valves and flow meter etc.

TskiPL

Jul 19, 2019
Homer Glen IL
Hello everyone.

I’m fairly new to pool ownership, just bought a house with pool last summer. I have 4 questions that I would appreciate your opinion on. My current system looks like this.(See pics)

1. The current valves are extremely hard to turn and require a wrench to move. One of the plastic handles actually broke off.
I’m looking on replacing my valves into one like a 3 way valve and wondering which ones you guys would recommend.

2. Also my pool doesn’t have any water discharge or backwash. I would want to install something to remove excess rainfall water. Recommendations greatly appreciated

3. Should I get a flow meter ? If so which one is good and not extremely expensive?

4. One of my pool lights went out. Thinking about switching to led. Any recommendations?

If you require any additional information please ask
Thank you

. 24A37D9D-21EA-4C45-8B36-7A501846B94D.jpegA886872B-1C04-4775-B467-A8E03B86FEC4.jpeg

Last edited:
Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we can answer your questions. Pump model? Filter?

1. The current valves are extremely hard to turn and require a wrench to move. One of the plastic handles actually broke off.
I’m looking on replacing my valves into one like a 3 way valve and wondering which ones you guys would recommend.

All the diverter valves are basically the same - Valves - Further Reading

2. Also my pool doesn’t have any water discharge or backwash. I would want to install something to remove excess rainfall water. Recommendations greatly appreciated

That a cartidge filter? Need to know type and model of filter.

3. Should I get a flow meter ? If so which one is good and not extremely expensive?

You have a VS pump? Nothing you have will let you set flow or is flow sensitive.

4. One of my pool lights went out. Thinking about switching to led. Any recommendations?

What type and model light do you have?

Look at Florida Sunseekers or Halco LEDs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.