Need help with pool anchors for umbrellas/volleyball/basketball?

Swankee

Jul 22, 2021
Cookeville, TN
I have a fiberglass pool, placed about a month ago. No concrete or coping yet.

Does anyone have anchors installed (in the concrete) for volleyball/basketball and pool umbrellas?

I am trying to find some that are aluminum (saltwater safe), flush mount, and have a cover for when the equipment is not in use. I saw some on a thread that were plastic but the husband wants them to withstand a nuke. lol

I am also looking for placement ideas.

Including a rough sketch of the layout. Need help in a hurry. They'll be pouring concrete in a week or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pool sketch.jpg
    pool sketch.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 24
I put something like these in for volleyball. They are bronze and are not supposed to rust, even with salt. Aluminum will eventually corrode with salt from my research. I can't remember where I got them, but these say they are for pavers. The ones I got were for cement. I would put them half way between the middle and the shallow end. You don't want the deeper end team to be too deep playing volleyball. I would also put them at least 6" from the edge of the pool for enough support structure in the cement. When they are put into the wet cement, I would make sure they are low enough in the cement that when you add the cap, the cap will be flush with the cement. I also got a scrap piece of 2" PVC about 2 ft long that fits in the anchor, and that helps the cement guys handle them and make sure they're level/plum.

We have two of these installed. They put concrete around them below the pavers and bonded. They have the extension to use with umbrellas which can be removed and capped.

We have two of these installed. They put concrete around them below the pavers and bonded. They have the extension to use with umbrellas which can be removed and capped.

That's a brilliant and very HD design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.