Byron, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi all, I have had intex pools for years. I just purchased a new 32x16x53 pool. While setting up, I noticed that my old pool outlet fittings won’t work with this pool. I used to have a 24x52 round pool. In 2013 I bought the sand filter//saltwater pump. It came with all the necessary parts and they fit. My new pool has 2 outlet places that are tiny. I want to use my old fittings that aren’t blocked by a stupid plastic grid. I use my vacuum attached directly to the outlet so that any leaves etc can go into the filter basket on that pump, like it should be used for. The new holes are too small for my old open fittings. I decided to try using the adapters so that I could use the screw on hoses, but they flip around and I know have a small leak in one of the black tubes on one outlet. Im
Not even going to go into what a pain it is to vacuum the pool. I’m hoping someone can offer some advise as to how to modify the outlets to fit the two older threaded fittings I have. I still have both plungers and fittings from my old pool and would like to use those on the outlets. Pictures are attached of what I have and what I want to use. First I’d what I have, second is what I want to use. I guess I need to cut the liner abs not sure how to do that because the reinforced area around to outlets is much smaller than the inlet that fits these parts. Any suggestions as how I should modify the set up and/or cut the liner? Should I cut both outlets? One of them is already leaking slightly from a small tear from hanging instead of being supported like the other fittings. 485E3D7C-0342-4AAE-8C37-0421FD622D78.jpegE29802C1-6EAB-4059-98B9-4A0C89CE91CA.jpeg

From the picture, it looks like the leak is between the pool and the outlet? I feel like that needs to be patched. Anyway, Intex makes a clear hose that fits that outlet. It comes with a metal clamp.
Yes. I know. I’m trying to not have to use that hose or clamp. I want to use my older fittings that allow for me to actually vacuum my pool without having to stop every 2 minutes because the outlet clogs. This new design of outlets and the size of them is the worst thing Intex has done. If I had known that they made it impossible to reuse my fittings from my previous pump and pool and had I known that these new outlets have a thick grate in them in addition to the strainer attached to them, I would have never ever spent this type of money on this pool. There new design features have made it impossible to use the pump as it should be and impossible to vacuum the pool. I have had intex pools for years. I am so disappointed with this purchase. It’s the most expensive pool they have and couldn’t be anymore lacking in the ease of maintaining department.

yes the leak is on the black tube that the strainer attachment goes thru to meet the hose. I just bought this pool for over $3000 less than 2 months ago. Been set up for less than a month and that black tube has already torn due to the lack of support where it connects to the hose. This entire set up is badly engineered and cheaply made. My pool from 2010 was made better than this thing.

Last edited:
Cut the liner for the fittings that you want to use. Lots of threads here in the forum about how to do.

Reactions: Woobbie
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.