Need help with leak in pump area

minister1534

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Portales, NM
I just got home from being out of town for a few days and found a leak coming from in between the basket and pump motor. It appears as if it only started earlier today. I have detached the pump motor assembly from the basket and checked everything I know of, but can not get it to stop.

Couldn't get video to load, so I have attached pics.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    506.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    823.5 KB · Views: 8
Not exactly sure of the model pump you have there (looks like Sta-Rite), but it looks like perhaps the Volute o-ring could be letting water past. Good ti get it fixed quickly before the water does any damage to the motor. Update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info which can help. Maybe post a picture of the pump label for more details.

Thanks for the reply. That looks like my pump, but my pump has no stickers or branding on it. This is the set up that was here when we moved in 6 years ago.

Hopefully a pool guy will be here this afternoon. Not a lot of pool people in our area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.