Need help with filtering

JP003

Aug 12, 2018
NJ
I’ve been trying to get my pool to clear up and it’s been going pretty good so far but I’ve noticed that when I go to vacuum what I think is dirt at the bottom or yellow algae it goes through the filter and the water comes out cloudy through the return jet almost like it’s not getting filtered correctly, I have a cartridge filter and just replaced the cartridge beginning of June. Maybe one of you can give me advice on what to do

13000 gal above ground pool
FC - 10.01
TC - 10.01
pH - 7.8
CH - 127
Alkalinity - 135
CYA - 59

Got my water tested at a local pool store. Water is clear right now besides the bottoms because I have to vacuum it up be when I go to vacuum it I notice that whatever I’m vacuuming at the bottom doesn’t get filtered correctly and just end up coming out of the return jet and makes the water cloudy

My instinct tells me you have algae. What you are experiencing is what I did as well years ago before I found TFP. The filter simply can't hold all the algae getting filtered. You'll hear it said here all the time ..... "Do your own testing." It's easy and much more reliable. We urge you to get your own TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-200C to verify those test results. Once you have algae, you need to follow the SLAM Process to kill and remove algae once & for all. If you have any questions about the SLAM Process or a recommended test kit, let us know.
Test Kits Compared

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.