Need help with DE filter and pool opening

May 22, 2018
Pleasantville
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! We used a new company to close the pool last fall. The good news is the pool is clear and we beat the algae here in chilly NY. The bad news is I think they did something to the filter. In September, I asked them to return because they never disassembled and cleaned the filter, unlike the usual company I use for closings. (Last year, this other pool service company changed the liner and also did the closing).
Now, I suspect they didn't assemble the filter, but I'm hoping someone out there can diagnose this!
Last night, I turned the system to filter and added DE. We saw DE come out from the return closest to the pump, and turned it off immediately to deal with today. I have not opened the filter to see what's going on because I wanted advice first.
Is it likely reassembly is the problem? Or could it be something else? Thank you!

Yes, someone who knows what they are doing needs to open your DE filter and see what is going on.

I posted this in another forum but cross posting it here. Bottom line: If we have to fix the DE filter ourselves, is there a DE filter 101 tutorial somewhere we can look at? Photo of Heyward Pro grid filter attached.

We used a new company to close the pool last fall. The good news is the pool is clear and we beat the algae here in chilly NY. The bad news is I think they did something to the filter. In September, I asked them to return because they never disassembled and cleaned the filter, unlike the usual company I use for closings. (Last year, this other pool service company changed the liner and also did the closing).
Now, I suspect they didn't correctly assemble the filter cartridges/panels, but I'm hoping someone out there can diagnose this!
Last night, I turned the system to filter and added DE. We saw DE come out from the return closest to the pump, and turned it off immediately to deal with today. I have not opened the filter to see what's going on because I wanted advice first.
Is it likely reassembly is the problem? Or could it be something else? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.