Need help with a new multi-port

Hello All,

I hope everyone is having a great summer and a pool season.

I need some help with finding what I need to replace my leaking multi-port valve. I have replaced the spider gasket before and it helped only a bit but it is pretty old and other things are also falling apart on it so it is time for a replacement.

Here is what I have: Sta-Rite DE filter (DES51-01B) which has 2" male threaded ports on it.
I have a Praher SM20. This is what it says on top of the multi-port. There is one more sticket on the side but it is about gone and I cannot read it.
So I went online and bought what the website said was a replacement for my valve which did not turn out to be the case. (Pentair 2" Multiport HiFlow Valve Side Mount 6 Position for D.E Filter - 261152 )
The ports on the new valve are much bigger so it wont fit directly on my filter, so I looked for a union adapter which I was not really able to find one.
At this point the cheapest solution for me would be finding an adapter so I would really appreciate it, if anyone has any ideas. I can post photos or anything else I might be missing here.

The other option is to sell or hopefully return the valve I bought and purchase the correct valve.
Now that I looked up again I am thinking a Praher SM2-SR2 2" Multiport Valve with StaRite Plumbing would do it.

I appreciate your time and assistance.

I would consider calling Inyopools and seeing what they recommend and have. They can typically find parts for older pool equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.