Need help setting up new remote for Pentair EasyTouch.

georgygirl

Bronze Supporter
May 16, 2011
The new remote does not find the wireless address...it just keeps searching. The main panel displays “sending address.” I’ve tried rebooting the panel by cutting off the power to the pool at the house. And I’ve taken the batteries out of the old remote

Any suggestions?

GG,

@PoolClown says try this..

At the outdoor control
1.press menu
2.press down button, scroll to settings.
3.Press right button to select.
4.Press up button, scroll to "Wireless Address"
5.Press right button to select.
"Address Wireless scanning" will display, Then "Sending Address" will display.
6.Now repeat steps 1-5 with the handheld wireless controller, "Address Found" will display
7.Press menu button on control panel 3 times to return to main screen.

Not sure it will help or not, but worth a try... I use ScreenLogic.

Jim R.

Thanks...sadly, that’s what I’ve been doing...and it just keeps sending and searching.

I put the batteries back in the old remote, went through the same procedure and it found the address in seconds. The only reason I bought a new remote is because the old one has a blacked out spot on the screen, which makes it difficult to use.

Could there be an issue with a software conflict on the newer remote?

Last edited:
I'm only trying to use one remote...the new one...and it won't find the wireless address. I only set the old one back up to see if there was a bigger issue. Are you saying the new remote operates on a different frequency than the main panel?

My old remote was version 2090. The new remote is version 2160. Is the issue that my main panel needs to be updated? Or do I need to buy a new transceiver?

Last edited:
GG,

The old antenna/transceiver at your equipment pad works with your old remote.. But it will not talk with the new remote because the new remote operates on a different frequency...

When Tom chimes in, he can confirm the details..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey GG,

If you look at the back of both remotes you will see an FCC id... if they're both the same then either will work with your existing transceiver. But like Jim said, if they're different then the new one won't work. The FCC ids would be either P4HEASYTOUCH or P4HEASYTOUCH2A

I hope that helps!

Tom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You'll want Pentair 520946Z... I think Sunplay.com (I have no affiliation with them) has "the best, but still obnoxious" new price at 250, and you can sometimes find them on the auction site for a lot less.
Tom

I have another question about my new remote. The following is copied from the user manual:

“SPA (Hi-T) or POOL (LO-T) : Displays when the Spa/HI-T or Pool/LO-T button is pressed to rotate valve actuators and activate the filter pump and heater. This line on the screen is blank when no spa or pool function is active. Note: Depending on the EasyTouch system, the screen displays SPA (shared equipment), HI-T (single body of water system), POOL (shared equipment), LO-T (single body of water system).”

My old remote displayed spa and pool. This one displays HI-T and LO-T. What is the difference in shared equipment and single body of water system? I have a spa that when it’s in pool mode overflows into the pool. When it’s in spa mode, the pool shuts off and just the spa runs. Everything is working OK, but I’m trying to program the schedule for the pool and I really don’t understand this. Did I buy the wrong type of remote?

gg,

Let's see if Tom can figure this out... Calling @ogdento

I do not think there are different remotes for the dual body and single body systems, but suspect that you have not configured something correctly... I don't have a remote, so have no clue about correcting the problem.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.