Need help opening pool

Not trying to sound harsh, but you keep asking for the forum's help, but not listening to the answers. So far suggestions included using liquid chlorine, you used dichlor, dont use floc, you used floc. 7 days later you still havent performed the SLAM process. Despite Tim's post above, you keep posting that you have CC levels so i would assume you should SLAM as pooldv suggested above.

For the love of all things good stay out of the pool stores in central Illinois. We live in Peoria and used to get sold floc and phosphate remover by the gallon because of "the farm fields next to the house and all of the chemicals that they add to the pool"
It is all rubbish hogwash and not needed. There are people on this forum with phosphates of 500+ with perfectly clear pools.

Stop the powdered dichlor shock (your cya is already too high) stop the floc and algecide. As said the algecide that you are being sold probably has copper in it and that could be making your water green. Everything you need to take care of your pool can be bought at Walmart or Kroger.

The first things I would do is to get your cya down to a manageable level and get your ph to the 7.2-7.4 range. 30 or so for cya assuming this is not a salt water pool, if so then 70-80. That will take a major drain and refill or a few smaller drains and refills. I had the same problem with cya and lowered a little bit at a time via backwash and refill.

Become friendly with that Taylor kit. It is really easy to use following the instructions on the inside of the lid. That is what I use. Just order replacement cya reagent now as you will run out fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP! This is how we maintain pools.

Get one of the Recommended Test Kits, I use the TF100 from tftestkits.net.

When you get it give us some test results and get ready to SLAM Your Pool.

Here are some of my fave Pool School articles in case you missed any of them.
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry

Here are the Recommended Levels for your pool.
Here is the Water Balance for a saltwater pool.
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them.
Use PoolMath to figure out how much to add.

After discovering a problem with our sand filter leaking we replaced it with a new sand filter. We are starting all over again with with chemicals at this point and I could use some help with the order of how to work on each of these. I plan to SLAM after adjusting PH if that's correct. I would appreciate any and all advice.

With a Taylor kit the readings are:

FC .8
CC 1.2
PH 7.0
TA 260
CYA 150
HARD 240

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.