Gold Supporter
Jul 25, 2011
Durant, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello fellow water babies! I just really need to talk to other sun and water obsessed people tonight. I’m shivering. It’s a wind chill of 16 degrees in Richmond tonight. I miss the sun, I miss my pool. I haven’t posted before, but I’ve lurked for over a year. This past July we moved into our beautiful home that had been vacant a long time. The pool had set stagnant for at least 2 years. I will attach pics. I had no idea what to do. The local pool company had no interest in helping me. The guy said it would be at least $1000 in chemicals and who knows how much it would take to get the equipment running. Well, I fixed it all totally by myself with every bit of knowledge I have coming from this wonderful group here. We only got to enjoy the pool for about 6 weeks, but we got so much joy from it! Fast forward to this very moment, and I’m freezing and ******. My beautiful pool is covered and freezing as well. Can April please hurry?
55a110277eaa03be5a525255b0d346cc.jpg
be7f213bf0e1b143aaf8adbf4d6fa5a0.jpg
cc283754e8b8e90cd5cbf43f54b3496b.jpg
27bec843d9256c1c6a4bbfc8eb42ea3a.jpg

Good Job! Always glad to see that kind of transformation.

In your signature -- "copper producer" -- you know you really need to eliminate that - right??

Take care.

Good Job! Always glad to see that kind of transformation.

In your signature -- "copper producer" -- you know you really need to eliminate that - right??

Take care.

Oh my goodness! That was from my above ground years ago! LOL! I had no idea that was still on there! Now to figure out how to fix that...

Amanda,

I initially only saw the first pic and said to myself... "They are swimming in that!!!"

Then I scrolled down... Excellent job on turning that ugly pool around.

Go to Settings (upper right) and then select Edit Signature..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Looks great! If you add what test kit you use it would be perfect!

Thanks. The last signature did not match the picture.

Take care

Wow, you did an amazing job! Did you SLAM it the way it’s recommended on here? I hope you took those before and after photos back to the pool company and told them it is possible to turn a pool around, for a lot less than $1000 in chemicals. I am impressed and I hope they would be too.

Wow, you did an amazing job! Did you SLAM it the way it’s recommended on here? I hope you took those before and after photos back to the pool company and told them it is possible to turn a pool around, for a lot less than $1000 in chemicals. I am impressed and I hope they would be too.

Thank you! Yes, I SLAMmed it for days and days. I WISH I had counted the gallon bottles of bleach before I sent them to recycling. I would guess 40 bottles or more. People at my local grocery store definitely thought I was up to no good ?!