Need help getting Pentair easytouch to increase pump speed when heat command is given

Hi everyone.

I have an easytouch system with the screen logic 2 bundle.

I currently have a circuit "pool" that is scheduled to run the InteflliFlo pump at 1100 rpm all day.

I created another circuit " Pool Heater" that's 1600 rpm (to create enough flow to the heat-pump).

I would like the easy touch system to activate this circuit whenever the heat command is given to the heat pump.

Currently i have to schedule the circuit to run 6 hours a day so the heat-pump will activate during those hours.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Daniel

Dan,

I'm sure it is just me, but I am a little confused as to what you want...

It sounds like you want the pump to run at 1100 rpm until the heater needs to generate heat, at that point the pump would ramp up to 1600 until the water hits the heater set point, and then the pump would slow down to 1100, until the water temp drops below the set point and the cycle would start over again... :confused:

I can't think of a way to make that happen.. In general, when you want the heater to work, you ramp up the pump to (in your case) 1600 and then the heater cycles on and off to hold the water at the set point..

I suspect I just don't understand the problem...

Please point me in the right direction...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

I want to do exactly what you are describing.

I would like to pump to run at 1100 rpm all the time (this is the lowest setting the pump allows only using 95 watts),

and then when the set point for heat gets activated that another circuit called "pool heater" gets activated that increases the pump speed to 1600 rpm (this is the speed needed to get the heater to detect flow but uses 278 watts).

i am effectively trying to limit the amount of time the pump runs at 278 watts, right now i have the "pool heater" circuit scheduled from 8am to 8pm so the heater can run when it wants to during the day.

Thank you,

Daniel

Dan,

I'll see what I can come up with, but off the top of my head I can't see a simple way to make that happen..

Maybe one of our Pentair Experts can chime in with some ideas...

The basic problem is the ET does not have any "inputs" that can be used to trigger an event...

Thanks,

Jim R.

MENU ▼ SETTINGS ▼ INTELLIFLO PUMP # 1

Choose Speeds.
Select Circuit Number.
Set RPM.
Move to circuit names and assign the circuit name as Heater, Pool Heater or Spa Heater as appropriate.

Dan,

I tried JamesW's suggest using ScreenLogic and could not find the right set up info.. :(

Went out to the main panel and it works exactly as James outlined above...

We have one rule here... JamesW, knows "everything".... :p

Please try it out and let us know how it works...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Fantastic!!!

Thank you both sooo much ...it’s silly that you can’t do this thru screen logic.

I am going to read thru the panel manual when I have time and see what other goodies are hiding.

This is is going to save me quite a few Guinness $$$ throughout the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All,

I ran a test and set up the outside panel so that when the Spa heater was on, the pump should ramp up to 2200 rpm...

It worked perfectly... the pump only increased speed when the water temperature is below the set point. When I changed the set point below the water temperature the pump would return to 1200 rpm..

Man I love this place... I get to learn something new everyday. :p

The problem I was having is that I "assumed" that if they were Circuits, that they would be on the screen with all the other real Circuits... but they only show up under the pump setup screen. Of course now that I know how to do it, it is simple... :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the this fun thread!!!

Jim R.

Hi James,

It does work but thru the panel, not screen logic.

It works perfectly when the heat command turns on the pump bumps to 1600 rpm and then goes back down to 1100 rpm when the heat command turns off.

On screen logic it now shows under the pump as “ pool or spa heater active” as a speed ( not one you can select)

thank you very much for the time you took out of your day to help me.

I know this is old, but I think I achieved the same via screen logic, but you have to run through configure interface - not the main app.

Tested this, and it worked exactly. For the life of me I couldn't find the "Pool Heater Active" Circuit/Feature, and was getting ready to change defaults (features or circuits) to create it. It must live under VS Pump, but when I ran through the Configuration option there it was (Pool Heater) in the drop down box.

Anyway, the result for the screenshot works at lower RPM if the pool temp is set below heat point (currently for me 2000RPM). When heater is on, it now runs at 2780 RPM - magic.

Attachments

• Conf-Screen-logic.png
    Conf-Screen-logic.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Is there a circuit name that EXLUDES Heater/Solar?

My Easy Touch 8 slightly ramps up the RPMs when the solar comes on just as described in this thread. If someone in the family chooses to turn on the Pool High mode (which accentuates the spa overflow) during the solar hours I'd like solar to turn OFF so as not to put the extra pressure into the panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.