Need help for Intex 15’x48”

Rwanzo

Jul 11, 2020
Scarsdale, New York
Hi all. I’ve had an intex pool for four weeks now and I’m battling Algae. I’ve shocked the pool twice. I finally got my Taylor kit and tested the water. My CYA is high and so is my alkalinity. I added bleach to the pool yesterday, 34oz per the app. Here are my stats and a pic of my pool. I keep waking up to these spots that disperse into the water after I brush them. Also, my skimmer pump is yellow. I have pH reducer and will use that to bring TA down and then aerate to increase pH. What else should I do? Thank you. I’m just stuck. B8F09FBA-D14E-46BC-9E66-4388AA0FD530.jpeg

Attachments

• 233001AB-7D1F-48CE-9BA3-E8D8F575EDC6.jpeg
    233001AB-7D1F-48CE-9BA3-E8D8F575EDC6.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. Great job on getting a quality test kit.
The TA is of no consequence. Lower your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to SLAM level, which is 28 ppm for a CYA of 70 . Maintain that FC by testing your FC and adding more liquid chlorine to get back to 28ppm every few hours.
Brush and vac your pool.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Rwanzo
Also use only a 10 ml water sample for your FC test. A single heaping scoop of powder and then each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5 ppm FC.

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. Great job on getting a quality test kit.
The TA is of no consequence. Lower your pH to 7.2 and raise your FC to SLAM level, which is 28 ppm for a CYA of 70 . Maintain that FC by testing your FC and adding more liquid chlorine to get back to 28ppm every few hours.
Brush and vac your pool.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thank you. I’ll read the SLAM link you sent. Can I use bleach? I currently have shock or 12.5% sodium hypochlorite. Is one better than the other?

Rain has little effect on pool water chemistry. The pool water is all ready wet. You will get wet, but it does not care!

Only time rain can have an appreciable effect if you get enough to overflow the pool by a lot.

Just a thought... you can partially drain your pool and add fresh water if you want to lower your CYA and use less chlorine during your SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.