Need help fast please

Cant find any liquid chlorine until tomorrow, all I have is bleach. I have some Clorox shock and some algaecide though.
All these have Sodium Hypochlorite. Basically the same thing except for the strength

I back washed before I left town last week. I had the solar cover on, neighbor adding bleach and this is what happened. I have to think the pump didn't kick on.
I hate to say it, but I think your neighbor flaked out on you and didn't add the chlorine.

Here it is now, pretty late here.
Going for it now, adjusting ph and cya. Should I bother testing tonight and trying to add some chlorine?
Do you want a clear pool by Friday? Get to work on the pool!!!

Reactions: sammckin
After you adjust your pH, test it after 30 minutes (pump running). If it's adjusted as you expected, the next step is chlorine. You can assume your CYA is in the pool now. Use the SLAM FC for 30ppm CYA now even if it's not all dispersed.

Go squish the sock every 15-30 minutes to help it disperse in the water.
Gotcha, ty. Its dispersed, I'm gonna pulled the ladder then test. Thanks again for all the help!

Reactions: frogabog
Good job! Was that the Chlorox brand CYA? I found it to be very soluble.

Might want to do a little more acid to get down to 7.2, test to validate it, then begin with the chlorine.
Bot Clorox, got it from the pool store, it does well in a sock with some squishing. I was on the lighter side of 7.5 in ph.....I added the bleach already. I need to turn in. I guess I test fc and add as needed in the morn?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, maintaining is the key to SLAM. The more often you can raise FC back to SLAM level, the faster this will go. Hourly if you can. Keep an eye on the flow/psi. The filter is going to be doing some big time work over the next few days.

Have a good night!

Still at shock level this morning at 8, 9 and 10 am. Brushed the heck out of it and letting th cleaner go for a bit. Think adding DE is worth a shot?

No. Filtering does not kill algae. As long as your pool is green you need chlorine not filtering.

DE will just cause your filter to clog up quicker.

Post your test results. You would be surprised how many folks say they are at proper levels and are not. We can only help you if you share the data.

No. Filtering does not kill algae. As long as your pool is green you need chlorine not filtering.

DE will just cause your filter to clog up quicker.

Post your test results. You would be surprised how many folks say they are at proper levels and are not. We can only help you if you share the data.
Cya is 30 and fc at 14. Are any other tests relevant or needed at the moment?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.