Need help fast please

Yeah but the sock is still pretty much full, I didn't even get a chance to squish it.

Then take out half of what you have in the sock and put it back in. Weigh it if you have a kitchen scale or estimate it.

Reactions: frogabog
I can lower the ph......I reviewed the slam process but I'm in panic mode and not afraid to admit it. Sorry

The number 1 reason people have trouble with the SLAM Process is they take shortcuts and don't follow it step by step. Your best chance for success is to SLOW down and be diligent about every step it says.

That's why I want you to get to a good CYA level and pH before you begin adding chlorine. You also need to brush you pool as often as possible to break up the biofilm on the algae so the chlorine can get to it.

Once you get your pH to 7.2-7.4 and have the CYA sock in the water then begin adding the chlorine.

Reactions: sammckin
The number 1 reason people have trouble with the SLAM Process is they take shortcuts and don't follow it step by step. Your best chance for success is to SLOW down and be diligent about every step it says.

That's why I want you to get to a good CYA level and pH before you begin adding chlorine. You also need to brush you pool as often as possible to break up the biofilm on the algae so the chlorine can get to it.

Once you get your pH to 7.2-7.4 and have the CYA sock in the water then begin adding the chlorine.
Got it....ty for the break down

Post your tests here or use PoolMath to log and share the tests. That way we can follow along and point out if you miss anything.

Also pics of the pool can let you and us judge the progress you are making,

I back washed before I left town last week. My psi is good for now, I will keep an eye on it. I have great suction and flow. Here's a normal pic and the water today. This us the first water trouble I have had. I had the solar cover on, neighbor adding bleach and this is what happened. I have to think the pump didn't kick on.

Attachments

• 20190813_201253.jpg
    20190813_201253.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190728_180002.jpg
    20190728_180002.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 30

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pull that ladder out and clean it well. All the nooks behind the steps and rails.

If you use PoolMath with the (very reasonable) subscription you can log all your test results and additions in the app and share with TFP. We can see it here. Click on my screen name, then click the blue Pool Math button, you'll see how it works.

It's way more easy (and fun) than paper notes.

A pool that size will need 4-6 cups (32-48oz) of bleach a day. A regular 128oz bottle only holds 16 cups. You said a week away, so that's 7 days. 7x4=28 cups.

Are nearly two bottles of bleach gone, or is one bottle just slightly less full?

You have a choice to make. You can either drain most of the pool (leave 12-18 inches) to get a jump on the algae, or begin the SLAM Process immediately and hope for best results by the weekend. The SLAM may not be over by the weekend, but the water "might" be blue again (perhaps cloudy) to where you can enjoy it. But it's really your call. If you start the SLAM, follow the SLAM Process page to the letter right away for best success.
Going for it now, adjusting ph and cya. Should I bother testing tonight and trying to add some chlorine?

A pool that size will need 4-6 cups (32-48oz) of bleach a day. A regular 128oz bottle only holds 16 cups. You said a week away, so that's 7 days. 7x4=28 cups.

Are nearly two bottles of bleach gone, or is one bottle just slightly less full?
I hear ya, wife handled all but 3 days and what we left him was what he used....on something lol.

After you adjust your pH, test it after 30 minutes (pump running). If it's adjusted as you expected, the next step is chlorine. You can assume your CYA is in the pool now. Use the SLAM FC for 30ppm CYA now even if it's not all dispersed.

Go squish the sock every 15-30 minutes to help it disperse in the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.