Need Guidance After Cobalt Cure Treatment

Split from Need Guidance Post Cobalt Cure Treatment Zea3
Did you check your CC’s when you did the chlorine test?

After my stain treatment (Jacks Magic) my chlorine showed up as CC due to the sequestriant in the water. That took several weeks to clear up. I was tempted to add more chlorine to burn the CC readings off, but it runs the risk of bringing the stains back.

You may just have to ride out the no CL reading and use the CC readings and wait for it to switch back to correct CL readings. Adjusting the ph may be tricky as you don’t know the correct chlorine level right now.

Again, this is just from my experience with my fiberglass treatment.

What is CC, please? I think CL is chlorine level? Every time I add, after Cobalt Cure removes the stains and black marks and the pool water is clear, I add either sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione dihydrate OR Potassium peroxymonosulfate, three days later and the brown stains come back immediately and the black cobalt marks come back two weeks later.
CYN is 110
PH is 7.4
AK is 110
CL is 3

Thanks, Chris

Are these chlorine types the reason I keep getting Cobalt staining?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.