Need diagnosing help

Jul 9, 2012
I have a Goldline Aqua logic salt system, the 40,000 gal size system. My salt reading display is showing 2400. I took a water sample into my local pool supply place and the salt level shows 3400. My salt cell is 7 years old. I pulled the main circuit board, which I replaced 3 years ago, and checked it for obvious signs of any burned out components or burn marks on the board itself and it appears clean with no damage. Is this problem being caused by the cell going bad? The pool company plugged my cell in and they said it appeared to be working correctly and making chlorine. Help......from Robert

One sign of the cell going bad is indeed a continued lowering of the salt level it reads ... 7 years is a LONG time.

You may be able to continue to use it for awhile by raising the salt level to make the SWG happy ... if it thinks the salt is OK it will keep making FC.

But, when this becomes unmanageable, you will then have to do partial water changes to get the salt back down to an acceptable level for the new cell.

What is the problem? Being 7 years old it is probably starting to go bad and you will have to add more salt to satisfy it but I am far from an expert so someone else can probably chime in. Also the pool store reading is probably off. Most on this board say to go with what your display is telling you and at 2200 you need to add most salt. What is your fc level looking like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jblizzle said:
One sign of the cell going bad is indeed a continued lowering of the salt level it reads ... 7 years is a LONG time.

You may be able to continue to use it for awhile by raising the salt level to make the SWG happy ... if it thinks the salt is OK it will keep making FC.

But, when this becomes unmanageable, you will then have to do partial water changes to get the salt back down to an acceptable level for the new cell.

Thank you Jason. I replaced my salt cell this morning with a new T-Cell-15 Ultra, which is a replacement for the Goldline model. Cost $340.00 and comes with a 3 year warranty. Purchased through the "Pool Guy Supply." Your diagnosis was correct. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.