Need check valve?

Well my luck with this doesn’t get much better. Ordered a Waterway Cartridge filter as it was less expensive than the Pentair and I ‘should’ have gotten it sooner. Unfortunately the shipper put in the wrong phone number so there was a delay on getting the delivery scheduled. That pushed me back another week and finally got to install it yesterday.

I was going to reconfigure my pad a little but in the end, it just wouldn’t work out the way I wanted. The piping just wouldn’t work well without lots of turns. Finally got it situated and the piping done, waited for the solvent to set and turned everything on. No leaks from the pipes. Whew. But where there was a leak… I opened the air release valve on the filter and thought air was coming out odd but thought maybe this is something new. Then, the water started coming out. There was a hairline crack in the air release valve. So now I can’t run my pump at all because it’s constant water coming out of the crack. Now I’m waiting until they open tomorrow to place a warranty request hoping they will at least overnight me the part.

In the meantime, testing my water and trying to maintain my FC. Running my robot to keep water moving and will try and scrub down the pool a few times a day. Luckily my chemicals were in fairly good balance to start with so hopefully can maintain for a few days.

You can probably get one quicker from Amazon. I would get one overnighted from Amazon and then you'll have a spare if/when the warranty claim comes through.

Reactions: mickey4paws
I sympathize after finally getting a long time leak fixed and then the pump died. We managed to avoid algae after 8 days of no pump and what worked was swirling the water around with a brush several times a day, adding chlorine, brushing the pool, putting the robot in, and swimming helped stir up the water. Also put a sump pump in the pool to move the water as well.

Good luck to you.

You can probably get one quicker from Amazon. I would get one overnighted from Amazon and then you'll have a spare if/when the warranty claim comes through.
Ha! Actually did that exact thing. Only problem is this fastest Amazon can get to me is Tuesday.
Figure it still hedges my bet on when I get the warranty part.

I sympathize after finally getting a long time leak fixed and then the pump died. We managed to avoid algae after 8 days of no pump and what worked was swirling the water around with a brush several times a day, adding chlorine, brushing the pool, putting the robot in, and swimming helped stir up the water. Also put a sump pump in the pool to move the water as well.

Good luck to you.
Thanks. I thought about a sump pump as well. I’m going to hold off for now on that option and see what happens. Thanks for providing cover for me though. Now I can tell the wife I have to swim the rest of the afternoon instead of working on projects around the house!

Reactions: mickey4paws
Just wanted to follow up on this.

Replaced the air relief valve from the part I was able to order from Amazon. It was pretty easy to replace but did need a larger wrench than I had to remove the nut on the filter. The manufacturer replacement is supposed to finally arrive today. They 'shipped' it, and even confirmed they did the next day when tracking was showing only label created. However, it doesn't seem they actually shipped it until Friday which was the first date of any shipment scan.

Anyway, after I thought I was finally done.... my spa started draining after the system was turned off. I never had this issue before, but, that was likely due to the fact of the leak in the filter which drained all the piping. So, thanks to this forum, I did a quick search, looked at my system, and quickly identified the issue. My Jandy check valve to the spa clearly wasn't functioning right. I was able to slow the flow after taking it off and cleaning it but it still had a leak. Ordered a replacement part from Amazon and finally think my pool is fixed. For now.

Reactions: duckcmmndr
Good job.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.