Need alternative for Intex 52" pool legs - 3 of mine are bent :(

tinapomaha

Jun 12, 2020
Omaha, NE
Hello all -we set up a 16x32x52" rectangular intex Ultra pool 2 months ago and had issues with the pavers breaking and shifting on us due to the hose falling out of the pool while filling and flooding the clay soil around the pool. We didn't make sure all the legs were "kicked" out while the pool was filling - so lots of rookie mistakes :( On one short side of the pool a paver was completely missed and while we were trying to lift that leg up it bent completely - so now we are draining the pool as i type. I had hoped i could order some replacement legs - 3 of which are bent - but of course 2020 struck again and all are out of stock. Has anyone successfully rigged a alternative replacement leg? I thought about using Galvanized steel plumbing pipe and trying to weld the top of the old legs to it to hook into the horizontal support. I welcome any advice. Thanks so much!!

Someone here took the legs to a welder and did exactly that - you may be able to find that thread using the search tool. It was 2 or 3 months ago, I think.

Reactions: tinapomaha
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.