Need advice on pipe issue

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
We had a storm break a line loose that runs from our pool cleaner motor. We no longer use it, so I was wondering about putting an elbow in the pipe that runs over to it and bypassing it altogether. I just didn't know if I can do that. If it will mess up the routing of the system. In my mind I just see that specific jet not having any pressure capability. Am I correct? I will attach pictures. TIA.

Attachments

• pool pump_LI.jpg
    pool pump_LI.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 20
L,

If you know for sure the broken part is what is feeding your booster pump, then removing the T" and just installing an "L" will work fine.

Is the input to the booster pump just laying on the ground now and it used to connect to the part marked as "Broke off"???

Jim R.

Yes, where it is circle is where the line broke off. A storm blew our deck lid onto it. I attached an update picture. The line circled in yellow is the line that broke off. Green circle indicates where it goes to jet in pool. So, I was figuring I just wouldn't have the center jet anymore which is fine as I use an electric cleaner now. Should I leave the plug in it (jet) when I uncover the pool?

L,

If you know for sure the broken part is what is feeding your booster pump, then removing the T" and just installing an "L" will work fine.

Is the input to the booster pump just laying on the ground now and it used to connect to the part marked as "Broke off"???

Jim R.

Attachments

• pool pump_LI (2).jpg
    pool pump_LI (2).jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 13
You can put an elbow there and just get a screw in plug for pool instead of a black plug if that's what you have. Where is the feed from that's supplying booster pump? That needs capping too. You dont want open pipe anywhere. Algae will get in there and find it a breeding ground. I would cap the low side first pour some bleach in there then cap high side for good measure

The water that is supplying the booster pump is coming straight from the filter. So from what I can tell if I put an elbow in and bypass the booster setup all together the only other way into the booster piping would be from the jet in the pool in which I would leave my plug in from the winter. It is just the regular white cap.

You can put an elbow there and just get a screw in plug for pool instead of a black plug if that's what you have. Where is the feed from that's supplying booster pump? That needs capping too. You dont want open pipe anywhere. Algae will get in there and find it a breeding ground. I would cap the low side first pour some bleach in there then cap high side for good measure

You could leave the plug in, but a better option, in my opinion, is to leave the T in place and just re-plumb the broken output to go directly to the pipe at the green circle. This would just give you another pool return...

If you don't have water flowing through the pipe the water will turn stagnant... ?

If you don't connect it up, you need to leave it plugged.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good idea. I wonder if I can unscrew from where it comes out of booster pump and connect it where it broke off to avoid buying new attachments and line?

You could leave the plug in, but a better option, in my opinion, is to leave the T in place and just re-plumb the broken output to go directly to the pipe at the green circle. This would just give you another pool return...

If you don't have water flowing through the pipe the water will turn stagnant... ?

If you don't connect it up, you need to leave it plugged.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.