Need advice for procedure of chemical necessities for swg pool

My indoor swg pool became clouded and full of crystals, so i drained all the water out and scrubbed it clean.
I filled the pool up with tap water and I went to PoolMath to see what I needed to buy for it to stay trouble-free.
But I saw notes like "Dichlor and trichlor add CYA and lower pH. Cal-hypo adds CH." Also, on some threads here people advise to not add bleach and acid at the same time and to use specific methods of putting the chemicals in the pool like using a sock (?).

If anyone has started a swg pool over before, please advise me on the correct procedure i should follow. Like if i should put in bleach first, or salt first, and if anything needs special accomodations like running the pump for some time after.

Welcome to the forum!
Before we can give targeted guidance, we need to have you fill out your signature. Pool type, volume, equipment, etc helps us help you. Also what test kit you are using. The pH, CH, and TA of your fill water helps too.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Great. More detail in the signature would be great. No idea what an ID IG Plaster is.....

Read the ABC's I linked to in first post.

Get 3 ppm FC into pool. You need to raise your CH. Add a small amount of CYA (I believe you said this was indoors). Add your salt. Work on adjusting your SWCG to generate your FC loss per day.

No real procedure. The only two things you do not want to add to your water at the exact same time is chlorine and muriactic acid. They do not play nice together. Othewise, just do what you can when you have the materials. CYA, get it in a sock and put in skimmer, FC, add some liquid chlorine, CH, if you have it, add as per Pool School. Salt -- anytime you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.