May 13, 2020
Saratoga Springs, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello & Happy 4th!
I'm looking into getting a robot cleaner and a friend said he's been happy with his Navigator Pro for ~20 years now. Apparently, this product is only available through local dealers and runs about $800. I have a 28,000 gallon pool that collects a fair amount of tree debris so I want to make sure I get something that's up to the task. Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions.

I have had a suction side cleaner for 8 years.. they do work for cleaning debris in the pool.. It got beat up once I bought my new robot.. the Active 60/M600 cleans the pool spotless and scrubs the floor, walls and the tile line.. WAY better than my suction side cleaner...

do you have a dedicated suction port in your pool?

Reactions: MyAZPool
I have had a suction side cleaner for 8 years.. they do work for cleaning debris in the pool.. It got beat up once I bought my new robot.. the Active 60/M600 cleans the pool spotless and scrubs the floor, walls and the tile line.. WAY better than my suction side cleaner...

do you have a dedicated suction port in your pool?
Thanks. Is this the one you're talking about:? Active 60 - Maytronics
Looks like a few local dealers carry that line.
No, I don't have a dedicated suction port as far as I know. If it helps, there are 2 skimmers and a bottom drain.

That is the one I am talking about, it is identical to the M600.. It is the only upgraded robot with bigger pumps and suction and dual scrubbers..

If you call Marina pool and spa they can hook you up... She is waiting on those models to be shipped from Israel where they are made.. You can also get them locally for a little more money..

Without a dedicated suction port the one that was recommended to you will not work...

@TogaFam
Agree with all that @cowboycasey said.... I too have the Maytronics Active-60 (M600 is the darker blue color)...
I haven't had mine all that long but my only regret is that I did not purchase this robot sooner.
It has changed everything about the way that my pool is cleaned and how well it is cleaned.

I put together a thread on my experiences regarding the retirement of my suction-side cleaner and putting my new Maytronics Active-60 to work.
One of the best things that I have done to my pool!

Thanks...
r.

Last edited:
So, we ended up getting the Triton PS and just conducted her maiden voyage. The unit was very effective at cleaning debris but stopped moving a few times, got stuck on the bottom drain and went over some areas several times while missing others. Does this sound typical?

The Triton doesn't have a magical wond, it doesn't map out your pool either. It's a well built robotic cleaner from a very reputable manufacturer. It does its job randomly but eventually gets all over. Have it at one of my pools and runs circles around their not so old pressure side cleaner made by non other then jandy. If you stand there to watch it go over a leaf on the floor take note that it won't happen as long as you're watching 🤣. This very same pool is a good sized gunnite and has never been so clean as now only to the credit of the Triton.

Per Margaret @ Marina Pool & Spa:
"Sometimes for some reason in shipping, the motors become disengaged and the procedure below seems to fix the problem. If it does not do the trick, let me know and I'll have a replacement sent out."
We did this procedure and it worked! Thought this might be helpful info for some of you.
Now, we need to deal with the algae bloom that took hold during this time. I'm going to start a new thread for that...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, had the very same issue with the very same response which corrected the problem. Since then it has been a pleasure watching it do its chores. The pool was never an issue.

Last edited:
Now, we need to deal with the algae bloom that took hold during this time. I'm going to start a new thread for that...
I am curious, why did not having a robot cause an algae bloom? They are not related. Chemistry prevents algae, not robots.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.