Nautilus CC owners, can you describe how your robot navigates?

It does its own thing .Let it run long enough it will eventually get most of the dirt. If you're watching it then it knows to drive you crazy and avoid those spots of interest to you. :p On a more serious note it does its thing without any perfect science and is completely random. So whats going on?

Reactions: allan1622
Allan,

Pool cleaning robots are not like house floor-cleaning robots..

While the manufacture's clam that they 'map' your pool, it is a lot of marketing, and very little actual ability to have a clue where they are...

That said, if I have just one dime-sized leaf in my pool and I run my robot cleaner, it will find the single leaf about 90 or 95% of the time, after just one cycle, and 100% of the time after two cycles.

I can confirm that if I am watching, it will never find the single leaf, but if I go inside for 30 seconds, the leaf will be gone when I come out again. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

It does its own thing .Let it run long enough it will eventually get most of the dirt. If you're watching it then it knows to drive you crazy and avoid those spots of interest to you. :p On a more serious note it does its thing without any perfect science and is completely random. So whats going on?
I’m a bit late to the reply, but you’re completely correct haha. It’s similar to the earlier roombas that seemed to bounce around mindlessly, but eventually cover most of the floor.

My only gripe is that it climbs walls inconsistently. Sometimes it’s like it doesn’t try, and then there are instances where it decides to scale a wall completely and go on the bench area (it’s on the way down)

Attachments

• IMG_2297.jpeg
    IMG_2297.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 3
Allan,

It is not designed to go all the way up the wall on each pass... I am not sure of the exact ratio, but my guess is that it goes up the wall on every 5th try.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hey Jim, thanks for the reply. That’s good to know, I’m just unsure why it tried going up the same strip of wall about 4-5 times before giving up.

All said and done the pool looks great after a cleaning session.

Allan,

For your own sanity, I suggest that you not watch it run... Somehow.. it knows when you are watching.. :mrgreen:

I only worry about what the pool looks like when it is done..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude