Natural stone in the pool.

OscarB

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2018
Mantua/nj
I have an above ground pool. Keeping the wedding cake type steps from floating is always tough. The directions say to put sand bags on the inside of the steps but it isn’t that easy to do. It makes moving them to clean and scrub the walls difficult. I was thinking about taking a piece of flat river rock and placing it on the bottom step. It definitely has the weight and is nice and smooth, I am not worried about somebody getting hurt with it. Is there any downside to placing in the water chemistry wise?

Attachments

• 3F664054-EE72-46D3-84C8-60C151647959.jpeg
    3F664054-EE72-46D3-84C8-60C151647959.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 4
We have and love those same steps! We have not put anything on/in them to keep the down. What we did do was screw the "deck leg" down good. We did have to put some 2x4s under it. We screwed them together and to the deck. We also made sure to put the screw through the leg in to the handrail post.

We have and love those same steps! We have not put anything on/in them to keep the down. What we did do was screw the "deck leg" down good. We did have to put some 2x4s under it. We screwed them together and to the deck. We also made sure to put the screw through the leg in to the handrail post.
Really? Your’s stays put? The bottom of mine floats but the whole unit stays in place because it is screwed down to the deck. It’s really annoying because the mat I have under it floats away because of the lack of weight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.