Narrow Pool and Benches NW FL

Doolie

Sep 19, 2021
NW Florida
We have a small backyard and are currently building a pool. The dig happened on Friday and our 13x30 ft pool is now a 11x28 (due to the footers of our sea wall extending further than we thought)(with a 7'X5' tanning shelf off the shallow end) . We have (2) 48" benches planned for each side of the deep end (5' deep end depth) sitting opposite of each other. One to sit and look out over the water and the other one to look at the porch where the TV is located. We also thought it would be nice for conversation to have the benches opposite of each other. Pool would be adult use only unless we have visitors with children. I have 2 questions: Will having 2 benches opposite each other crowd the pool too much since it is only 11'? What would the optimal length of the each bench be to sit 2 adults (again keeping in mind this is a small pool 36", 42", 48")? Any input from the seasoned pros out there would be helpful! Thanks.

Attachments

• updated pool pic.jpg
    updated pool pic.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 30
If your depth was over 5', you'd have to have either a ladder or a single bench in the deep end. However, since you're right at 5', it isn't a requirement. I'm under construction for a free form pool, and we're doing 2 benches in our 8' deep end, but neither interferes with my swimming lane and may in fact be used as benches or deep end exit points. Ours will follow the exterior curve and are right around 4' wide each.

Reactions: Doolie
Thank you for your replies. Does anyone know when in the build the benches need to be finalized? They dug on Friday and are framing today. When do the benches get laid out? Oh yeah and our pool salesman is on vacation until Friday. LOL

D,

My bench was done (roughly) when they dug the pool. It has rebar of it and is mostly made out of gunite.

Thanks.

Jim R.
Thank you! Just found out we are meeting with the head construction guy tomorrow so we can finalize before gunite goes in. I appreciate the insight on this forum. I definitely didn't want to get beyond the point of no return if we wanted to make some changes with the benches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.