Mystery Tube

FloopFloopian

Jun 15, 2020
Las Vegas
Looking for some help identifying what this black tube is, running from where water enters filter to where it exits heater and goes back to pool/cleaners. Bonus points for what the thing protruding out from the cleaner pipe (pop ups) is.

Thanks!

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 48
F,

I would assume that the black tube is left left over from a tab feeder, or maybe some automated chlorine feeder, now being used to just plug the two holes.

I don't see anything on the "cleaner" line, but if you are talking about the little stub-up right after the filter output, that appears to be an sacrificial anode of some type.. It appears to have a wire connected to ground or your bonding system. On the other hand it could just be a twig or root?? :mrgreen:

Did you have the pool built or did it come with a new house?

Thanks,

Jim R.

It originally went to a Rainbow Offline Chlorinator.

The tube is allowing dirty water to bypass the filter. You should remove the tube and fittings and plug the holes. You can use a coupling cut into 4 pieces to glue a patch over the holes.

The thing that looks like it’s after the filter looks like a pressure gauge. It looks like the filter outlet pipe actually goes beneath the line with the pressure gauge. We would need more pictures to better advise.

Thank you all. The picture is at a bad angle, but the stub is actually coming out 90 degrees from the cleaner pipe. It does look like it's after the filter in the picture though.

This is going to be equipment from a new house, so I haven't had any time to actually play with it. Just trying to get things ready.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.