My water chemistry this morning....

Oscar G.

Gold Supporter
Good morning! :)
I just wanted to post my tests from this morning. I tested FC at 8:30pm last night as well for the overnight chlorine loss test. I think things are good but wanted a double check from the experts if you don't mind.

8:30 pm yesterday
FC 7.5
4:30 this morning
FC 6.5
CC .5 to 1
CH 300
TA 140
PH 7.7
CYA 40ish

I have a couple of questions:

I've been seeing an overnight FC loss of 1ppm, is that ok?

I don't feel like the TA sample ever turns actual red, its more of a pinkish red. Thoughts?

I know I need to bring the CYA up but I am trying to jump through the hoops of the Pebble Tec warranty which specifies CYA be 20 to 30 during the 28 day cure period.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Msch99
Overall looks good, An FC loss of 1 overnight is fine. Anything more and you need to watch for problems. The TA will go to a Barbie pink really, not blood red, so you are fine. Watch your CC level. Anything over 0.5 and we get suspicious. The water is working on a large amount of organics. With some clear skies it should burn off. If it goes higher let us know. As long as your water is clear right now, you should be good.

Overall looks good, An FC loss of 1 overnight is fine. Anything more and you need to watch for problems. The TA will go to a Barbie pink really, not blood red, so you are fine. Watch your CC level. Anything over 0.5 and we get suspicious. The water is working on a large amount of organics. With some clear skies it should burn off. If it goes higher let us know. As long as your water is clear right now, you should be good.
Awesome, thanks for help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.