My test colors don’t seem to be matching up

I'm going to be honest, that kit is very unreliable. I used to have one and wanted to like it, but tested it against my Taylor one and it was way off. One issue is that the pH test is only accurate when the FC level is below 3 ppm. And the OTO chlorine test just isn't accurate enough to be used to get any reasonably believable reading aside of "there is some chlorine in the water".

You're really going to want a more capable test kit. Specifically the TF-100 or Taylor k-2006c. Without a good kit you're flying blind.

I'm going to be honest, that kit is very unreliable. I used to have one and wanted to like it, but tested it against my Taylor one and it was way off. One issue is that the pH test is only accurate when the FC level is below 3 ppm. And the OTO chlorine test just isn't accurate enough to be used to get any reasonably believable reading aside of "there is some chlorine in the water".

You're really going to want a more capable test kit. Specifically the TF-100 or Taylor k-2006c. Without a good kit you're flying blind.

ok good to know! this is the one the previous owners left behind. I’ll order a new one. Thanks!

It looks like the chlorine is real high, which reacts with the pH reagent and makes it read falsely high. Even the Taylor kit does it to some extent, but it only becomes sketchy above 10 FC. Most people don't run it that high so it's not a problem. So, yeah, get a better tester.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.