My Superflo VST is a mess inside

Should I add some unions on each of the lines from the skimmer and suction side port in the pool while I’m cutting it up? Or is that just asking for more suction side leaks? Might be convenient for closing, easier to add antifreeze to each line.

More future failure points. I tape up a funnel to a short piece if garden hose (a skill which I honed in college)

With a quick wiggle and snake, each side gets some Antifreeze. I do the same at the pool returns in case it's not perfectly downhill the whole way. The skimmers don't need the hose, and I just dump it in.

Reactions: IceShadow
So I have a order for the part from a local store, but the restock alert from the one online store I can find that stocks the part popped. Got the wife to OK spending $160 to get the seal plate, impeller, and shaft seal from the online shop. When it comes in at the local shop I’ll just keep it as extras. Pine needles will probably shred my impeller in a few years anyway.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.