My results with Taylor k2006c

I just saw you have a Superflo. That is a low hp VS pump. So you need to run higher rpm for equivalent flow rate.

Ok first set of test in three days. Bit of a drop in FC and a rise in TA…is that a concern at all? I had some evaporation and topped up the pool so that lowered my salt and maybe that’s responsible for some of the other levels. Let me know thoughts.

FC 6.5
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 55
CH 440
TA 120
Salt 3400

FC is fine now. If it continues to drop raise the SWCG % back up. Other items are fine.
Perfect thank you. And really appreciate the help/guidance. I actually received a comment today on how clean my water is and my wife rolled her eyes at me while I smiled ear to ear…..hahaha thanks again!!

Reactions: mknauss
I have been in a similar situation as you. New pool, SWG, and going by what most companies recommend for FC, which is usually anywhere from 1-3ppm. What I’ve come to understand from hanging out here is that that level of FC can get you in some trouble on hot sunny days, especially not running the SWG at high outputs. I had to SLAM my pool last week after thinking I was supposed to try and keep it around 3ppm. Long story short, I’m running it now at around 7. I’ll probably drop it a bit more over the next week to 6 but I’m still paranoid 🙂. My CYA was also not high enough and I didn’t realize it took so long to get it up, so by the time it was rising hot weather came in fast and it was too late. Water got cloudy and pool went downhill. Learned a lot though. Good luck!!

Reactions: Edward13911
I have been in a similar situation as you. New pool, SWG, and going by what most companies recommend for FC, which is usually anywhere from 1-3ppm. What I’ve come to understand from hanging out here is that that level of FC can get you in some trouble on hot sunny days, especially not running the SWG at high outputs. I had to SLAM my pool last week after thinking I was supposed to try and keep it around 3ppm. Long story short, I’m running it now at around 7. I’ll probably drop it a bit more over the next week to 6 but I’m still paranoid 🙂. My CYA was also not high enough and I didn’t realize it took so long to get it up, so by the time it was rising hot weather came in fast and it was too late. Water got cloudy and pool went downhill. Learned a lot though. Good luck!!
Awesome, glad things are under control now. Its really overwhelming the first few weeks/months. But you’re right, generally the pool stores don’t have a clue about pool chemistry, at least not to the extent as the TFP folks. Once it’s under control and things are looking balanced, it’s so nice to sit back and take pride in the clarity of the water. I really enjoy doing the tests every night or few nights, and seeing the results etc. Good luck to you as well.

I had some evaporation and topped up the pool so that lowered my salt
Quick correction here - no it didn't. Calcium and Salt only leave your pool by draining. Evaporation leaves everything behind. That is why CH and Salt both accumulate over time requiring periodic draining when it gets too high, because the fill water you're topping up with is adding new CH to the pool while the old stayed behind.

You're just seeing testing variation / error. Salt is +/- 200ppm anyway, so it only takes it to be a little under one time, a little over the next and you can produce a 400ppm different outcome.

Reactions: aussieta

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Quick correction here - no it didn't. Calcium and Salt only leave your pool by draining. Evaporation leaves everything behind. That is why CH and Salt both accumulate over time requiring periodic draining when it gets too high, because the fill water you're topping up with is adding new CH to the pool while the old stayed behind.

You're just seeing testing variation / error. Salt is +/- 200ppm anyway, so it only takes it to be a little under one time, a little over the next and you can produce a 400ppm different outcome.
Ahhhhh ok makes sense. I figured adding hose water would dilute the current water some. But makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Ed

Tonight I only checked PH and chlorine.
FC 9.5
CC 0
PH 7.8-8

the cover was on almost all day until around 6:30 when the kids went for a swim. Does it make sense that FC would go up 3 ppm in a day.

I added a bit of muriatic acid to lower the PH a touch.
Ed

Tonight’s results. First test in 3 days.
water temp 87
FC 9
CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 55
CH 420
TA 100
Salt 3400

I think I am going to slow my pump down a bit and see if my levels hold, and try and find what my minimum pump speed would be to hold my levels.
Ed

No idea lol…..I figured the more water flow through the cell produced more FC. Obviously not. I guess I could try backing off my SWCG another notch and see how the chlorine levels hold or do you suggest just leaving things alone.

ed

I would leave things be unless the FC goes over 10 ppm. You are set for pool parties, etc. Your season is short - so do everything you can to have every available day to swim.

We are missing Canada, normally spend several weeks in the Pembroke area. But not last year or this, it sounds like. Take care.

I would leave things be unless the FC goes over 10 ppm. You are set for pool parties, etc. Your season is short - so do everything you can to have every available day to swim.

We are missing Canada, normally spend several weeks in the Pembroke area. But not last year or this, it sounds like. Take care.
Ahhh very good, Pembroke is a nice area. I will leave everything alone and enjoy the summer then.
thanks a lot for the help.
Ed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.