My results. Where to start.

Jun 27, 2016
Georgia
Just added salt and cya last night. Ran the filter 24 hours. Now I'm at 3800ppm salt, 7.0ph, and cya is 70. I just turned the salt pump on about an hour ago. Ph dropped over time, it's 7.5 out of the tap. All tests are with Taylor liquids. 16x48 summer waves elite, summer waves swg. Just filled Saturday night - Sunday afternoon. Where do I go? I'm running out of time with a 6y.o. that's ready to swim.

Add 5 ppm of bleach/ chlorine until your SWG catches up. Use pool math you figure out how much to add based on the size of your pool and strength of your chlorine/bleach.

Post your results along with what test kit you are using, along with how many gallons your pool is

TC
CC
PH
ALK
CYA

Add 5 ppm of bleach/ chlorine until your SWG catches up. Use pool math you figure out how much to add based on the size of your pool and strength of your chlorine/bleach.

Post your results along with what test kit you are using, along with how many gallons your pool is

TC
CC
PH
ALK
CYA

I'll run out and get some bleach. I would assume the chlorine levels are next to nothing considering i just turned the swg on or am I wrong? Ph is 7.0 and cya is 70.
TA is 120.

The test kit I have is the Leslie's Taylor copy in the pick below, I purchased a separate fas/dpd chlorine test from Taylor and their liquid salt test.

Attachments

• IMG_20190623_161605472.jpg
    IMG_20190623_161605472.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 3
What's the problem? Yeah pH is a little low, but that will change with SWCG. A full set of test results would be nice, but outta the chute, seems fine, go swimming!

I'm probably over reacting, I did the same when I first started aquarium keeping. Hang on specific water parameters, then panic if I don't end up with an exact pH or hardness or whatever parameter I'm looking at.

You will not have enough chlorine right away so you need to add Chlorine while your SWG catches up. Your target range is 3-5 ppm. I like to stay at the higher range of 5. Once you add the needed amount of chlorine run the pump to mix it in and go swimming.

Test your chlorine everyday until you know your SWG is generating enough to meet your target.

Enjoy your pool!

You will not have enough chlorine right away so you need to add Chlorine while your SWG catches up. Your target range is 3-5 ppm. I like to stay at the higher range of 5. Once you add the needed amount of chlorine run the pump to mix it in and go swimming.

Test your chlorine everyday until you know your SWG is generating enough to meet your target.

Enjoy your pool!

Depending on where I was reading, some places said start with chlorine, then add the salt other places said just go straight to so, which I did. I should have got going with bleach, then let the salt take over.

To late to swim tonight, but he should be able to get in tomorrow. I let him in yesterday, he was the salt mixer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.