My pool water is 95 degrees. Saw a older thread by Dave on something he built. Lookin

Hi there. Thanks for reading. I would like to start off by saying that you guys ha e helped me a tremendous amount with getting my pool balanced, and I thank you for that! But now I have run into another issue that I'm needing your guidance on.
We are going through a heat wave here in central VA, and our pool water temperature has risen dramatically. I've looked online for solutions and I found a thread on Troublefreepool that was written by a gentleman named Dave. He built something out of PVC pipe I believe. But it was homemade. Like a sprinkler. But the post didnt explains exactly how he did it and there was 1 picture that I was able to pull up but it was so far away that you could only see the water going in the air. It seemed to me from reading all the comments on the thread that there were more pictures, but my smartphone is only showing me 1. I dont know if anyone knows who Dave is and could direct me to him somehow? Or knows about this specific thread I'm talking about and can explain this to me further? I would greatly appreciate it. I copied the link to the thread that I'm speaking of. A Cheap Pool Cooler for the end of Summer
Any help would be such muchly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I'm Dave. There was only one picture and. you are correct, no close up detail. Google "aerators" or "fountains" or "coolers" on this forum and you will find several other home made coolers that will also work.

Keep this in mind....

1. Throw the water as high as you can.....time aloft is important.

2. Make the cooler spray a fine mist rather than big drops

Hi Dave. Thank you so much for responding! Didnt know if I would find you. Would you be chance be able to explain to me in short terms how you actually did yours? It sounded like so many were impressed with the way you did yours. That's why I'm asking. If not that's ok. My biggest question is my pool is smaller then most of you on here probably. Somewhere between 6000-10,000 gallons. 16x16x4. Will this still work on my pool? Also how do you connect this homemade device to the pool. Sorry. Hope that's not to many questions. Thanks so much

Also Dave, I went to troublefreepool and used the search bar and put in fountains and aerators and a bunch of threads come up, but none of them have anything to do with the topic. Is it because I'm on a smartphone? Or am I doing something wrong? Sorry to be such a bother.

How much is your water bill? Can you pump some water out and refill weekly?
If you water your lawn, you can actually use the pool water to do it instead of a hose. Then just refill the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.