My pool looks like a swamp! New owner, 1st time opening, Help!

Are you getting any debris at all when you scoop? If you are, scoop until you cannot get any more at all to the best of your ability before you vacuum. Get, and keep the FC back up to just a little over shock value when you add. Since you are going to be around, check it often, and try to gauge when you'll be below the value and add again before you drop below. The more you do this, the faster it will go.

Are you getting any debris at all when you scoop? If you are, scoop until you cannot get any more at all to the best of your ability before you vacuum. Get, and keep the FC back up to just a little over shock value when you add. Since you are going to be around, check it often, and try to gauge when you'll be below the value and add again before you drop below. The more you do this, the faster it will go.

I'm still getting some leaves and some worms, mostly down by the drain. Not full nets full, but some. Ideally, should I wait to vacuum until I can see the bottom? I'll retest in about 40 mins. and see where it's at.

As Patrick said scoop until you cannot get much up. Then you can vacuum even if you cannot see the bottom.
Take your ppm to 18 today during the day since you will be losing to sunlight and organically to try to keep it above 16. I did this during the day in my SLAM and it really helped to keep me actor just above SLAM target.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to add that Patrick really helped me during my SLAM!

As Patrick said scoop until you cannot get much up. Then you can vacuum even if you cannot see the bottom.
Take your ppm to 18 today during the day since you will be losing to sunlight and organically to try to keep it above 16. I did this during the day in my SLAM and it really helped to keep me actor just above SLAM target.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to add that Patrick really helped me during my SLAM!

Thank you.
I'm still not getting to 16, just tested again, FC - 12.5 :mad:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great thread!
Following...

Question - what was the issue with the pump not circulating water? Was that resolved? I must have missed the response as I just read through the whole thread.
It's resolved... Just kept turning the pump on and off and it finally started working, I think it just didn't have a vacuum.

I really appreciate everyone's advice and help. I'm trying to stay on top of this as much as I possibly can, along with all the other things that go with a new house. Lol

Just tested...
FC - 11.5
CC -4

****, can't get it up to 16, I'm going to lower the % in pool math to 6. And when I run out of this chlorine, I'm going to the pool store here that has 12.5%. Costs more, but may be better than the Rural King stuff I got.

Yea, it looks like Lisa nailed the weak Chlorine. She went through that on hers. Go for the 12.5%, it's well worth it, unless it's outrageously high. Stock up, you'll need it. I'd get no less than 10 gallons.

Yea, it looks like Lisa nailed the weak Chlorine. She went through that on hers. Go for the 12.5%, it's well worth it, unless it's outrageously high. Stock up, you'll need it. I'd get no less than 10 gallons.
I dropped the % to 6.. Added the recommended amount, this is what I got an hour later.
FC-15
CC-3

Going to drop it to 5% next round and use up what I have of the RK chlorine. My wife picked up 8 Gals. Of 12.5 for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.