My pool is open! ETA: HELP! what is on my walls?? Test results added

Might be a stupid suggestion or maybe I missed it. But, have you checked your breaker and outlet the pump is plugged into? GFI TRIPPED? Do you have power at the outlet at all?

I have t checked anything. The pool guys that opened my pool told us something was wrong with the pump.

If you add more chlorine, you're water should be circulating to provide better results; otherwise, the focus will only fall on one area. Only if you can mix it yourself with something. Once you have it at shock level, maintain it at chock level until your readings are better and fall within range... and of course until your water is crystal clear too. If I read it correct, have you had an update on when your pump will be fixed?

d1d36cadeb940c254afe743d1d0c3dca.jpg
dadf260c6f4cc84790ae66fdeb62955e.jpg

Omg. I’m feeling so much better. I dumped 4 gallons of chlorine in and I put one right on the top step and the stain improved immediately. Also an area in the deep end I added the chlorine close to the wall because of a basketball hoop and you can see it lightened up. I stirred it but again no working pump. Should I add more chlorine to shock them heck out of this water and remove the stain?

If you add more chlorine, you're water should be circulating to provide better results; otherwise, the focus will only fall on one area. Only if you can mix it yourself with something. Once you have it at shock level, maintain it at chock level until your readings are better and fall within range... and of course until your water is crystal clear too. If I read it correct, have you had an update on when your pump will be fixed?

He’s coming today to fix it.

So, assuming my pump is fixed in a couple hours, what should I add next? My pH is high so I'm Inclined to add acid. Can I add CYA and muriatic acid at the same time? when do I add more chlorine?

Good morning Emily, day 2 is underway, I am so excited for you and I can tell you are ready to get rocking. That is contagious!!

Several ways that accomplish the same thing. I don't suspect my slow approach will suit you, so I will defer to others who do it a way I think will work better for you. They will be through shortly.

So, assuming my pump is fixed in a couple hours, what should I add next? My pH is high so I'm Inclined to add acid. Can I add CYA and muriatic acid at the same time? when do I add more chlorine?

Good morning Emily, day 2 is underway, I am so excited for you and I can tell you are ready to get rocking. That is contagious!!

Several ways that accomplish the same thing. I don't suspect my slow approach will suit you, so I will defer to others who do it a way I think will work better for you. They will be through shortly.

I have little boys upset they can’t swim. Lol. But I also want these stains gone. Not the happiest opening. Last year we opened and the next day happily swimming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may have to follow the PoolMath instructions to get the results you need. I'm not sure if there is a faster way of doing things. I've always just followed PoolMath as well as Chlorine/CYA Chart and Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) (amongst others). There may be a faster way though. I curious, myself, to find out.

Nevertheless, I think you should add Chlorine by following the Chlorine/CYA Chart (using your current CYA), but bring your pH within range first. I think the stabilizer for your CYA...if you want to bring that up within range could be added last.

Any other suggestions...anyone?

You may have to follow the PoolMath instructions to get the results you need. I'm not sure if there is a faster way of doing things. I've always just followed PoolMath as well as Chlorine/CYA Chart and Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) (amongst others). There may be a faster way though. I curious, myself, to find out.

I am using pool math but I don’t know when to add things. Pool math just tells me how much. Yesterday everyone said just chlorine. If I was to add acid I can’t add them together. So just looking for some guidance.

so is that the only issue? Otherwise i'm good to add CYA, muriatic acid and then wait and add more chlorine? then when my water warms up, add salt?

Ok, he came, the impeller needs replaced. He's HOPING he has one at the shop, otherwise I'm waiting for another day or 2. boo. Update on the stains, they were slightly faded this morning so that's a good sign. I have some old pucks from the former owners, so I took one and scrubbed it on the wall, and I had good results, but my water is FRIGID and it was awkward so I could only do a small area.

Ok, progress.. not what we or your angels wanted but progress.

Great on the stains, I imagine once you get opened and get everything set, the chlorine will take care of those stains, sounds like they are organic.

So, progress on several fronts.. just not the one that lets the babies swim. Booooo

Ok, he came, the impeller needs replaced. He's HOPING he has one at the shop, otherwise I'm waiting for another day or 2. boo. Update on the stains, they were slightly faded this morning so that's a good sign. I have some old pucks from the former owners, so I took one and scrubbed it on the wall, and I had good results, but my water is FRIGID and it was awkward so I could only do a small area.

Ok new update - PUMP IS WORKING! I have a working pool! So I added CYA to a sock hanging over a return, and I added some muriatic acid, in about an hour I will add more chlorine in the hopes of reducing my stains. Heater is on so my SWG should start working eventually.

Very good pump is working...now take a deep breath, relax and slow down! Think about what you have done so far and what did it accomplish? Read more info to have some understanding of what folks are telling you...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.