My Pool is Leaking

Please do post several pics of your pump and filter set from several angles.

You can add some water, enough to just cover the steps, then see where it is a few hours -- or in the morning, with the cleaner out of the water.

Don't turn your pump on, in fact make sure it cannot come on while we try to help you find the leak.

Pool5_zps578a7023.jpg

Pool4_zpse401832c.jpg

Pool3_zpsa7db75b8.jpg

Pool2_zps710d2459.jpg

Pool1_zps77be26b2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the system. Thanks again for your time!

Wow, I cleaned the cartridge filter last night and put the top on and forgot to screw it down. Could this be the problem at all? I just noticed it in the pictures and went out and screwed it back on all the way.

Brantly04 said:
It was wet in the low spots by the filter. I think we found the culprit.
But I would think you would see a whole lot more water around the filter if you drained 3/4 overnight...12000 gallons *0.75= 9000 gallons of water on the ground is not going to disappear quickly imo.

If it is as dry where Brantly is as it is here, there would probably be little evidence of the leak.

Right now, if you leave a sprinkler on overnight, you have a barely wet area in your yard. Pour a gallon of water on the ground and 5 minutes later it's dry again. So it is possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've accidentally left the ring off of one of my Intex canisters. Drained about an inch before I could get the pump shut off and retrieve the lid, which was blown into the pool. So id it very possible that a couple of hours of the pump running for a few hours could have drained his pool that much with the top loose on his filter. Remember, I've only got the 1/2 hp Intex pump, He's got a much higher rated pump.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.