My pool is empty, what next?

coldmark

Oct 1, 2023
Iron Mountain, MI
Hi, all. My pool has a decent hole and it emptied to the level where I decided to drain it completely so I can patch it with a bit more confidence.

Question #1: Does anyone have any advice for how to enter it in order to apply a patch without leaving foot traffic? My idea is to put down 1/4" foam insulation and stand on that with Crocs.

Question #2: After patching, can I fill it to a foot or 2 and not worry about running the pump again this year? We are in a northern climate, so I typically drain it a good foot below the skimmer this time of year. Of course, I would balance and shock it.

Hi, all. My pool has a decent hole and it emptied to the level where I decided to drain it completely so I can patch it with a bit more confidence.

Question #1: Does anyone have any advice for how to enter it in order to apply a patch without leaving foot traffic? My idea is to put down 1/4" foam insulation and stand on that with Crocs.

Question #2: After patching, can I fill it to a foot or 2 and not worry about running the pump again this year? We are in a northern climate, so I typically drain it a good foot below the skimmer this time of year. Of course, I would balance and shock it.

1. That sounds like it could work. I think I’d wear thick socks instead of crocs.

2. I would fill it to where you normally do for closing.

Reactions: coldmark

Welcome Yooper to TFP from a Troll (by birth anyway)!!!

you can put down 1/4 or 1/4 inch foam insulation, cardboard, anything with a bit of give...crocs are cool...

Fill it at least 18" to keep the liner in place. 24" would likely be better. Are you going to cover the pool?

Reactions: coldmark
Welcome Yooper to TFP from a Troll (by birth anyway)!!!

you can put down 1/4 or 1/4 inch foam insulation, cardboard, anything with a bit of give...crocs are cool...

Fill it at least 18" to keep the liner in place. 24" would likely be better. Are you going to cover the pool?
Great advice! I haven’t covered it the last few years. I’ve begun to leave a leaf net over it instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.