My pool heater requires a very clean filter

JRzMom

May 19, 2021
Malta, NY
I cleaned the filter on my swimming pool last year a couple of times throughout the whole season and had sparkling clean water. My new pool heater seems to be sensitive to low pressure. Once I clean the filter, it is happy to heat. Is this common?

Yes, that is common. Another reason I like my VSP (I know you have two speed)....Here is the trick with VSP. Run your pump rpm down until the heater shuts off. Multiply that rpm by 20%, and run at that speed. Give you dirty filter protection. Mine kicks off about 1300. 1.2 x 1300 = 1560. I run mine at 1600RPM, gives me dirty filter protection.

Just keep your filter clean(er/ish).

Thanks. I've been running it at low speed since I'm not using it. I vacuumed today and then cleaned the filter. Lots of pollen this time of year. It started heating again, and I could enjoy it at a comfortable temp this afternoon. At this point, I'll run it at high speed early in the morning when I know I'll be using it. It is a small pool, so I only need the heater until mid-June and then again in September.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.