My pool chemisty is one big hot mess

FC = 0
CC = 0
pH = 8.0
TA = 100
CH = 575
CYA = 0

Sorry for delay was out of town again.... my pump hasn't been circulating for the last few days because I had to get shaft seal changed, and my parents had taken the pump to store to get it changed.... I hooked it up today and it's making a weird noise so I think they did something wrong like put the diffusor in wrong... I hope they didn't break it...... so now I'll have to take it apart and see for myself... anyways pool is green as heck but a lot of the algae seem to have settle to the floor... it's still cloudy and green though...

Your going to need a lot of bleach...

Here are the instructions for the SLAM Process. Get pH down to 7.2 and start adding bleach.

Aim for 10 to start, about 3 jugs of 12.5%. Get some CYA/stabilizer/conditioner in a sock and float it out in front of a return jet, aim for 30. Once the CYA is floating in the sock raise FC to 12 and start brushing and squeezing the sock to dissolve the CYA.

Your going to need a lot of bleach...

Here are the instructions for the SLAM Process. Get pH down to 7.2 and start adding bleach.

Aim for 10 to start, about 3 jugs of 12.5%. Get some CYA/stabilizer/conditioner in a sock and float it out in front of a return jet, aim for 30. Once the CYA is floating in the sock raise FC to 12 and start brushing and squeezing the sock to dissolve the CYA.

I had just dissolved 4 pounds of stabilizer into the pool about 2 weeks ago... i would have thought that would raise the CYA up but it didn't move at all..... so does that mean I have whatever it is that converts the CYA into Ammonia in the pool? Also,,, when I did the FC and CC test... it never turned pink,,, but the tube stayed cloudy the whole time... does that mean I did it wrong?

Also,,,, where is the best place to get the 12.5% bleach?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.