My pool build journey! With AquaBright in West TN

Lisabdou

Jul 21, 2019
South West TN Memphis Area
Getting started now. Contract is executed, designed, drawn out in the yard, and the erosion screens are up. Permits pulled, HOA approved design, waiting for excavation now!
I will post updates and picture here all the way through the AquaBright application which I will video.
Working also on updating signature now that I know for sure (or think I know) what exactly I will do initially!

Me: I’m not a first time pool owner, I’ve had fiberglass and vinyl of my own since “adulthood” and also grew up with gunite. This is my first build with a gunite pool. It’s also 8 years since I have had a pool so I will need refresher on care I’m certain.

What I’m doing:
Free form, Lagoon style aprox 98 ft perimeter Gunite pool, 3”6’ to 6” deep. Baja Tan Ledge w bubblers, Waterfall with surrounding bench seat, Mediterranean Blue AquaBright over Marcite Plaster.

Excited! Hope to learn a lot here and THANKS!

Lisa,

We are excited for you!!!

What made you decide that Ruby sand is any better than a normal sand filter?

How do you intend to sanitize/chlorinate your pool?

Looking forward to some pics...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi!
Friends own a pool supply store and they use the Ruby Sand, said it’s great and highly recommended it. I know Cartridge is “the way” now but unless someone really convinces me, I will stay with the tried and true sand and the upgrade to Ruby. It has more surface area to remove smaller particles...
Chlorine is Sanitizer. Nixed the Ozone/UV after researching. Not necessary or very effective either in smaller outside residential pools is what I found.
I’m also going to add a heat/chiller pump later. Will already have pad and electrical ready for it.
Open to suggestions that make sense!
Opted for the $$ to the AquaBright instead of spending extra $ on automation, cartridge, salt etc......
Appreciate input! Thanks

Lisa,

There is nothing wrong with a sand filter... We have just never found anything that works better that regular sand... Long on hype, but short on any real facts..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Lol, I know what you mean. Everything does get hyped up as the best and many times the tried and true work horses are the best.
Not sure if the Ruby sand will be any better but the cost was the same basically so there wasn’t anything to lose by trying it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Coping going in! So pretty. It’s Ivory travertine with a Noche travertine border.....
Next will be either the decking or waterfall. They may need decking done to get the waterfall boulders back there. Soon though.
Aquabright has already been ordered. Went with the Mediterranean Blue
9CAFBA93-0AB6-49F7-BAAA-6B5322814EDC.jpegE48ADA0C-D3C4-4685-B289-08F7C91F44F3.jpeg

Looks like Lucas Lagoon's except without all the drama when setting the big stones.

Reactions: JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.