My OB in Vegas!

Hope to see some travertine laid late tomorrow. Adding some plants here and there and making a few changes on the fly. The wife has taken over the project at this point and is having a blast. Except for cursing about the tile guy. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

He is a nice guy and good at what he does. I know they are all very busy right now and trying to juggle a bunch of people like me who all want it done yesterday. We added two more Italian Cypress's to the back wall. There wasn't enough coverage with two in each pillar so we add one to each. The bougainvilleas arrived in great shape so the wife decided to add a few more.

Landscaping moving along. At this point, once we get to plaster, we will add water and pretty much be done.
bd4acda6ac3cd61c09f2543d551c9f75.jpg
ebb85d293ec92799c4dc1004090b425d.jpg
96acc376b8bb33e12434be95d6b5a930.jpg

WOW! I love the plants and placement of them! Who is digging the holes? Will's hands should be about ready to hold a shovel again!

Kim:kim:

Hahahaha
I am officially retired from digging holes. I have resorted to sticking my hands in gloves filled with lotion and Vaseline so they are smooth like a baby's bottom. I bought my admin a extra nice lunch on Wednesday for the extra work I had her do for me this week.
The most labor these hands will be doing is giving the wife a nice back and shoulder rub :)
Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you look closely you will see the old fire pit that ended up in the wrong location while I was on a call during gunite. It is now on the scrap pile.

This is the new fire pit (plan B) and the parts for the bbq that I have to build over the next two weekends.
a03540702b8000f43dc22436a21ca455.jpg
7b1735341a75eafebc8c62234a2ffefa.jpg
0fa666407f9897e6f227c5e0ff6a0dd4.jpg

Nobody is buying that from Big Will. As soon as the next piece of equipment shows up, nothing is going to stop him from getting out there wanting to drive, run or learn and help.

Hahahaha
I am officially retired from digging holes. I have resorted to sticking my hands in gloves filled with lotion and Vaseline so they are smooth like a baby's bottom. I bought my admin a extra nice lunch on Wednesday for the extra work I had her do for me this week.
The most labor these hands will be doing is giving the wife a nice back and shoulder rub :)
Hahahaha

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Talk to me about that fire pit-----do you have a pic where one is up and running? It looks neat! I had to go back and look for the scraped firepit. I am glad you had a plan B.

We ALL know Will will not be able to just sit back and let others have all of the fun! REAL men have calluses!

Kim:kim:

The fire pit ring is made from a flexible steel track with steel studs and then wrapped in cement board. It will be sprayed with stucco and painted to match the house and the stucco going on the raised planter beds. The fire pan and burner sit inside and then the whole thing gets capped with a concrete ring that we had made at a local concrete company. We will add lava rock and fire logs.

You can get an outer ring from here but I build my own for about $200 in parts:

Fire Pit Forms | WoodlandDirect.com : Outdoor Fireplaces

The pan and burner came from Warming Trends. I went with the 30" 180K BTU with the flat pan. Should toast a marshmallow in about 25 seconds when set on high.

Home | Warming Trends | CROSSFIRE Brass Burner

I must say I am so impressed with your project and all the little details your putting into it.
I talk with IMAZ all the time and because of it I had to apply for a second job with all of the little things I added with ideas we bounced off each other.... Hahahah
But I'm so glad I didn't talk to you when I started because between you too I would be foreclosing on my new home just to try and put a pool with some extras in lol
And as long as there is equipment in my yard I will use it when no ones looking but if it has a handle on the end I will run away lol

Thanks Will. It is finally coming together.

Gate was just installed and guess who just showed up????? A full crew of 4 to install the stacked stone. Busy day here.

490b3e8b30871e107f9a1d8ceba5b3a9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.