My OB in Vegas!

Here is a shot of the tile. It also shows the deep well that I put in the spa.
bcc32a7d31280c1b46b6ef43eebc3212.jpg
85aea39af95ba8d93cbcdbb1d5ea61ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Re: My OB in Vagas!

Thanks. The handhold and spot for the sheer descents added a few cutouts that we didn't expect to see but they will mostly go away once the coping is installed and the pool filled. The waterproofing is on and the stone should start early next week. Another big step that we are looking forward to.

Re: My OB in Vagas!

Thanks Will but honestly, I spent most of the weekend cleaning up the mess. Things were going pretty well with shotcreet until i took about an hour and a half conference call. It was about 5:30 pm and they guys were beat after a long day. Doing the planter beds with shotcreet was very messy and not sure i would do it again.

Deck level coping is scheduled for tomorrow and pavers/landscaping starts mid next week. I just picked up the rest of the parts for the in-floor cleaning system and thought I would post what it ended up costing as an add on.

I sent the plans to the plumber who sent them over to Paramount. Paramount did their thing and came back with a detailed diagram for the exact location of each nozzle. I ended up needing 6 for the steps, 1 for the bench, 5 in the spa and 12 in the main pool for a total of 24.

It took the plumbers almost a full day to mark out the location of the nozzles and install the pipe. This was much more involved than I would have thought. It was interesting to see them heat and bend the PVC instead of cutting and gluing fittings.

6 port water valve $334
MDX R3 drain $102
PV3 body with cap $23.50 each $564
PV3 nozzle $41.75 each $1002
Plumber labor and pipe $1075

Total cost to add in floor cleaning $3076

I looked back at a few of the PB proposals and they were quoting anywhere from $4,500 to $4,800 on a smaller initial pool. Clearly, the number of nozzles drives a good amount of the total.

I'm so glad you posted about the infloor and the cost. I can tell you before I started my questions ALWAYS were around the cost of things and I sometimes think people are shy or hesitant to talk about $$$ which I also get. However I can tell you that will be VERY helpful to someone and it is especially nice how you broke it down.
It also goes to show that if you have the time the OB route can say you upwards of 30% on your project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patio level travertine coping went in today. Landscaping starts later this week. Being told it could take about two weeks to get drip, plants, trees, and pavers all installed. Stacked stone for the raised bond beam and the caps is supposed to start on saturday.

The colors seem to be coming together but we are as worried as everyone that we didn't make a big mistake. We went with a pretty tame pallet and expect to add real color with the plants, trees, bushes and midnight blue pebble. So far so good.

Starting to figure out programming the easy touch pump schedule.
e889ab29b6f00751f6770bc86a5e5026.jpg
276e05f9550f2f6cd5c79f02f2e2b1ca.jpg
e5d9a28ac457122e9e65b0d9773b2e9f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The landscaper stopped by today to review the plan. The crew will show up on Friday and start preliminary grading followed by drip and low voltage wiring. He wants to fill the planter beds first with dirt and plants and then tackle the travertine pavers. He will work from the far side (spa) over to the grass area and out the busted wall. I am taking Friday off to pick up the pillar capstones, fire pit top and some extra stacked stone. My math was off on my first measurement. I will be starting the BBQ build (DIY) this weekend. Plaster is scheduled for the 9th but would love to get it done sooner if things work out. A few inspections in the future and working hard to make sure we dont have a hickup.

Funny how just about every job involves more than one trip to get all of the stuff. No matter how well you write the list or do the math........there is always something that is needed or forgotten at least here at my house! :roll:

Kim:kim:

The landscapers started on Monday and made good progress. Drain pipe is installed, leveling has started for pavers, trees and bushes were delivered and we have a bunch of sand in the street. We ordered the pool gate on Saturday and they will be installing it this Friday. Tile guy keeps telling me he will be here "tomorrow" but keeps missing the date. Supposedly he will have a crew here on Friday and Saturday to get the stacked stone installed. I contracted him to put the wall back up and do the stucco and capstones on the planters. A little concerned about hitting my plaster date if i dont get the yard wrapped up on time. I guess I will just have to stay on top of him.

Glad you have the side yard to store all of that!

Tile guy-have you paid him anything yet? This may be a sign he does not want to do the job? I wonder what would happen if you tell him IF he is not there on Friday he will lose the job? Do you have a backup if he flacks all the way out?

Kim:kim:

He has done the water line tile and the deck coping so far. I supplied the material and I haven't paid him anything yet. We did agree on an all cash deal. He is supposed to be one of the best in town. I know I am competing with his steady pool builder business and have a little leeway on time. If I can get the stacked stone done by the weekend, I will be able to stay on track with the pre plaster inspection. He just needs to be done by the time the landscapers complete the pavers.

- - - Updated - - -

I also ordered the new gas meter yesterday. They will be here next Monday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.