My "New" Pool in SCHERTZ, TX

Now that is as different as different can be! Interesting....... I wonder if it is different dye lots when they make the tile?
Yes! I wondered that too. It’s the same colors, just switched the predominant ones. I double checked the boxes to make sure they were the right one, but they were! We were short enough tile to do our step markers and benches, so hoping the next lot looks similar.

Last edited:

Now to get them in water and take some more videos....

Ok, so I tried them in the water this time...with VIDEO!! Outside in the sun ☀as well!

yay, short videos so they can be attached here.

Reactions: mnmpizza
Hi everyone! New voting pics today... Choosing Sundek decking color! So I have some pics of samples against my house in the sun and shade. I also have a pic of the samples against my gutter, which is very close to the color of the trim of my house, and is close to the ground where I can reach! 😁 :giggle: Colors are Bone white, Franciscan Tan, and Kahlua. One thing to note is the bone white is SOOO bright, in full sun, you will need to wear sunglasses. (I usually wear sunglasses anyway, but friends might not??) Thanks!

sun-brick.JPGshade-brick.JPGsun-gutter.JPG

Last edited:
I like the Kahlua color the best. But we were warned by friends that the SunDek coatings would have to be removed and replaced within 8-10 years so have been looking into concrete overlay instead. I have no personal experience, but you might want to ask around

Reactions: TexasRain

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NOT bone white at all!

Either of the other two will look great. Just to help hide dirt I might go with the slightly darker one.
I think we are leaning towards the Franciscan Tan. My husband pointed out that in the shade the Kahlua has a purple tint...and now that is all I see.

Okay so here is my REAL vote after going back to look at the videos.............the colored ones have more "interest" than the black ones and will be fun to watch the different colors as the sun moves over them!
Do you think they would be REALLY mad if I ask them to replace every one of the yellow ones??? it is only one row of accent for the shelf, bench, and steps.

Do you have THE tile there now? If so I would be cutting out the ones on my own! That way not mistakes or left ones! (yeah I do have control and trust issues :roll: LOL)
LOL no it's not here... but I will try when it does!! I was just so surprised when my husband voted for the multicolor one! The more I watch the videos of the tiles under the water, the black ones almost look blue when the sun shines on them...I don't know! At least I have stopped looking at other tiles, that would add more decisions and I do not need more decisions in my life right now! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.