My Metal Out instructions don’t make mention of having to have FC=0, could that be right?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I’m just trying some local store product callled Metal Out, but I’m questioning the fact that it doesn’t have any special instructions, it just tells you how much to add to your pool.

could this be correct? I’ve often read that FC=0 and PH=7.2 and to to keep your filter on re-circulate.

so just looking for opinions before I add it

Metal Out is a sequestrant that will keep metals in solution in the water. It will do little to lift metals and staining that has already deposited on pool surfaces.

FC 0 and low pH is part of the AA treatment to lift iron stains. Metal Out will not do that.

Why did you buy Metal Out? What problem are you looking to solve?

Metal Out is a sequestrant that will keep metals in solution in the water. It will do little to lift metals and staining that has already deposited on pool surfaces.

FC 0 and low pH is part of the AA treatment to lift iron stains. Metal Out will not do that.

Why did you buy Metal Out? What problem are you looking to solve?

I have what’s most likely iron based stains from iron fence welding that occurred right near the pool.

move attached pictures of the product from my local store, it uses the name metal out but it’s not the same metal out that people generally refer to here.

Attachments

• 8C8A1AF6-3C96-43A1-8E9D-0A2F5B927109.jpeg
    8C8A1AF6-3C96-43A1-8E9D-0A2F5B927109.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1A033D06-52FA-4A79-88AD-1F6463F839E4.jpeg
    1A033D06-52FA-4A79-88AD-1F6463F839E4.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 3
Can't say what it might do without knowing the chemicals in it.

If it contains ascorbic acid or citric acid then it can lift iron stains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.