My first trip to leslies for a water test

Really. I didn't notice that with the welcome email. Maybe at the gold supporter level?

You are right. It does say for Gold ...

When I was first learning about pools I took water samples in to that pool store for testing several times. I found it strange that things like CYA varied so much when all the information I find on it says the only way to lower it is to drain and refill. Just an example of why I trust my own testing over that of a store that is motivated to sell me chemicals.

Reactions: MyAZPool
When I was first learning about pools I took water samples in to that pool store for testing several times. I found it strange that things like CYA varied so much when all the information I find on it says the only way to lower it is to drain and refill. Just an example of why I trust my own testing over that of a store that is motivated to sell me chemicals.
Exactly!! Just curious if they tried to blame it on "PHOSPHATES" and try to sell you some good ole magic potions like "PhosFree", ScaleFree" or "UltraBright"? I got "suckered" before my TFP days. :p

Yep, I also listened to them and spent more money than I should have on removing phosphates from the pool. I now know better and simply use liquid chlorine and muratic acid to keep things in check. TFP has been such a help to me its not even funny. Really appreciate all the help in these forums.

@Leebo can you add a TFP polo to CafePress?

Many moons ago TFP had more items on CafePress thinking users would order items.......nobody ever did. We had about 20 items at various pricepoints and listed the link to the "store" on the website. The only items that ever ordered were for Gold Supporters who got their free item. To save some headaches we removed all the items that we didn't wanna "give away" to Gold Supporters and kinda let the Cafe Press store die. That said, if anybody really wants to order an item they can PM myself and we can figure out something.

I had water in my car yesterday to take to them a lunch for a phosphate and iron test and decided its' not worth the hassle and poured it out..My store hired a bunch of kids, or at least was that way last time I went in

I hate Leslie’s so much! I remember going in there before I had a test kit and them telling me my FC was at 30 and therefore illegal and that I absolutely must get this powdered stuff to get rid of the active chlorine otherwise they’d tell on me. They also said my CYA was 35 and I shouldn’t worry about it. Turned out I tested CYA with my own dang kit and it was like 80!! Needless to say, the only good thing I got from that place was a free water container for my own water samples

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool Police? Seriously?

I wonder what law that would fall under, and how the authorities (real police) would regard having to take their time away from real criminals to arrest you for too much chlorine in your pool. SMH...

Many moons ago TFP had more items on CafePress thinking users would order items.......nobody ever did. We had about 20 items at various pricepoints and listed the link to the "store" on the website. The only items that ever ordered were for Gold Supporters who got their free item. To save some headaches we removed all the items that we didn't wanna "give away" to Gold Supporters and kinda let the Cafe Press store die. That said, if anybody really wants to order an item they can PM myself and we can figure out something.
If there was enough interest I’d be in on a group buy. But I can’t see going through the trouble for just a few. Thanks for the offer though.

So I dropped the local pool store for a water test today. Mainly because I ran out of reagent for the chlorine test and I’m waiting for it to arrive.

I’m not sure whose water they tested but we definitely disagree on TA level. They have 97 and my Taylor kit says 120. And evil phosphates are high, but no number given.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.