Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi forum.

I moved into a house that had a pool a month ago and everything was going well until I decided to add more shock that I should have.

now my readings using Taylor test kit is as follows:
FC: 14
CC:0
PH: 7.8
TA: 100
CYA: 70

For the time being, I have turned off my SWG and hopefully with the sun and the kids swimming, it will burn off some of that FC.

is there any harm to have the kids swimming with such high FC? Is too much FC bad for the pool?

Thanks

I have CYA of 60 and with an auto cover and SWG, if I don’t pay attention, my FC at times drifts into that range. Just let it drift down. It is no problem and it is safe to swim. You are much better with your FC at the high end rather than close to the minimum. Don’t let it get there.

Welcome PM !!! For any easy reference without the chart, swimming is safe up to SLAM level for any CYA, Which is 40%. So if you notice the CYA drops to 60, pull out your cellphone and know that 24 is SLAM. Your SWG will probably over produce at times as the season winds down. So you’ll catch it at 12 (?) and have to dial it down a hair.

This is a great time to learn because you’ll get caught with too much (but totally harmless) production and by the time it goes the other way in the spring, you’ll be an old pro.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.