My first pool! Well, not counting the 6' plastic kiddie pool I had when I was 8. :-)

BrentATL

Jul 15, 2021
Homosassa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello everyone! My wife and I just purchased a beautiful home in Homosassa, Florida with a salt water pool. I have lived on or by a lake all my life and knew NOTHING about pools (other than you swim in them ;)), but now I'm trying to learn all I can about our pool. I continued the pool service that the previous owner had and they do a great job, however being an engineer, I am very hands on and want to know the specific details on how....why....when...to do what needs done. We have solar heat panels, a heat pump, SWG and filter cartridge and valves I am still not sure what they do. :oops:
I swim everyday that I can and am looking forward to taking over the pool maintenance soon. I just purchased the TF-100 Test Kit with a few extras yesterday and I know I'll have lots of questions. It seem daunting at this time but I hear lots of people say it's easy.

Hey Brent and Welcome !!!
I just purchased the TF-100 Test Kit with a few extras yesterday and I know I'll have lots of questions. It seem daunting at this time but I hear lots of people say it's easy.
It's funny that you say that cuz I posted this after being particurally bored at lunch today 👇

Reactions: BrentATL