My first opening, after my first closing... not so good

armedmetallica said:
if rain does start, i wont be able to get a good read again until 24hrs from now.

Why? Are you a witch that will melt if you get wet? Or a Mogwai that will multiply?

You can be sure anything in the water does not care that it is raining ;)

jblizzle said:
armedmetallica said:
if rain does start, i wont be able to get a good read again until 24hrs from now.

Why? Are you a witch that will melt if you get wet? Or a Mogwai that will multiply?

You can be sure anything in the water does not care that it is raining ;)

HAHA! good point. i suppose i *could* go out there in rain gear to an umbrella. OR I'll make a resolution to wake up bright n' early and do it before work. it's gonna be a long night either way, got a presentation that needs to be done by tomorrow. :hammer:

armedmetallica said:
new test!

pH 7.2
FC 14.5ppm
CC 0.5
TC 15ppm
TA - 50 or 60 (i think i screwed up a drop)
CH - 100
CYA - started disappearing around 45, completely gone at 60.

sooooo.. i'm not really at shock yet right? I need to dump in MORE bleach? chart for SWG pool says shock to be at 24?

is your pool clear? sounds like you might be done shocking. did you do the overnight test?

kjpool said:
armedmetallica said:
new test!

pH 7.2
FC 14.5ppm
CC 0.5
TC 15ppm
TA - 50 or 60 (i think i screwed up a drop)
CH - 100
CYA - started disappearing around 45, completely gone at 60.

sooooo.. i'm not really at shock yet right? I need to dump in MORE bleach? chart for SWG pool says shock to be at 24?

is your pool clear? sounds like you might be done shocking. did you do the overnight test?

still cloudy. no i haven't done the overnight... just tested after 24hrs of bleachin and CYA. i need to find that again.. i think tomorrow morning, if the kids stay in bed long enough, i should be able to get out there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
armedmetallica said:
so - get to shock first before I do the overnight test? do i need to do all the tests each time, or just the chlorine related ones daily and then the others somewhere in betwwen?

this kit is awesome -reminds me of my college years in chem class.
You don't worry about anything but FC and CC during the shock process. Once the algae is gone, the rest is easy to shape up. When the pool starts looking better and the CC stays down, then you worry about passing the overnight test.

A little inspiration - you're getting close:
pretty-black-pool-t58442.html
first-time-pool-owner-t61565.html
a-little-encouragement-for-those-with-algae-and-new-to-bbb-t57137.html
frog-filled-green-swamp-to-oasis-work-in-progress-t48213-20.html be sure to look at page 2
before-and-after-t36785.html
a-final-picture-set-of-how-well-the-bbb-method-works-t33199.html

update:
another test shows 21.5 FC and still turns a tinge pink for the cc test (meaning i still need 1 drop to clear it back up)... does that indicate that I should be adding another dose of bleach?

i'd like to add right after sundown tonight. would like to do the OCLF test sunday into monday.

UPDATE:

at 24 FC earlier today... that step to check for CC, the color seems lighter and lighter each time, i'm guessing that's a good thing?

Today, I scrubbed all around the pool, an had a filter sock on the basket... got a LOT of gunk/debris out. to the point where it suffocated the water flow into the pump. was afraid to leave the sock on overnight in case it happens again. will see if i have some time tomorrow to repeat the process.

since I added CYA 3 days ago, should i NOT do the filter sock thing? is it akin to cleaning the filter?

armedmetallica said:
UPDATE:

at 24 FC earlier today... that step to check for CC, the color seems lighter and lighter each time, i'm guessing that's a good thing?

Today, I scrubbed all around the pool, an had a filter sock on the basket... got a LOT of gunk/debris out. to the point where it suffocated the water flow into the pump. was afraid to leave the sock on overnight in case it happens again. will see if i have some time tomorrow to repeat the process.

since I added CYA 3 days ago, should i NOT do the filter sock thing? is it akin to cleaning the filter?
Nope. The skimmer sock is like a prefilter.

Getting lighter is a good sign.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.